• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 12 x 14 Davis Wall tent

BountyHunter

This is a 12x14 Davis wall tent with Davis corner angles and EMT frame if you pickup in Fredericksburg VA 22407

Otherwise you pay the shipping for what you want.

Tent had couple rips(caught in snow storm) that was repaired by Davis, recoated with 2 gallons of CANVAK for water repellant and fire retardant.

Used on late winter hunt after that for one week with zero leaks or issues.

I have had tent for 3 years and was 2 yrs old when I bought it.

No floor buy one can be had from davis for about $75

5" stove jack in the left front (as you look at it). No doors or windows and zipper in front. New ropes.

Sorry no pics available.

Tent and tent bag weight right at 60 lbs shipped.

Angles, tent stakes with bag and other misc should ship for $35-40 to most zips.

I will box the tent and angles and tie frame together IF you want to arrange "pickup" by shipper, otherwise what can go in the tent box ($80 plus) and corner angles box is it (about $35-40 shipping to most zips). When you consider the cost of EMT tubing now, a commercial shipper pickup might be cheaper and you get the frame complete.

Use the shipping calculator for either UPS, FEDEX or whoever you want. UPS charges over weight for 60 lbs though.

Will send the Davis "cut sheet" so you can make your own frame or see how they fit.

$450 and shipping costs

use my email hermanharke
graphic_ampersand.gif
aol.com to contact me

im having second thoughts. I am going to contact davis about them putting a floor on it and a couple windows. I have a couple other questions. Has the tent ever been put away wet? any mildew on it? if purchased would you guarantee there is no mildew? I would probably arrange for it to be shipped straight to Davis for the work I want done on it.

Tent never put up wet.

No mildew.

Absolutely NOT going to ship to a third party for work (even Davis) AND THEN to buyer for final acceptance!

Sorry, but that is like selling a gun, shipping it to a smith for work and THEN to the buyer who then decides he does not like something and wants you to pay for the shipping to and back plus all the work OR give him the gun for free.

Will give full layout and inspection to any buyer for local pickup, no questions. Look to your hearts content. Nothing to hide.

Tent never put up wet.

No mildew.

Absolutely NOT going to ship to a third party for work (even Davis) AND THEN to buyer for final acceptance!

Sorry, but that is like selling a gun, shipping it to a smith for work and THEN to the buyer who then decides he does not like something and wants you to pay for the shipping to and back plus all the work OR give him the gun for free.

Will give full layout and inspection to any buyer for local pickup, no questions. Look to your hearts content. Nothing to hide.

First of all unless otherwise specified all sales on here are considered final and no self respecting guy is going to sell crap anyway so I would HOPE that it not being as expected would not be an issue...after I made my last post I decided to call Davis and talk about it. I told them that you had a tent for sale and that you sent it in for repair and had them put anti mildew/fire treatment on it. he immediatley stopped me and told me that wasnt true. He said in the history of the comapny they have NEVER retreated a tent not have they treated a tent that was sent back for treatment because there is a process of how it is applied and that is not how they do it. so I said well maybe he had someone else do it or did it himself. he told me if that was the case not to buy it because the tent was ruined aftermarket treatment clogs the pores of the canvas and condensation will build on the inside constantly because it cant breathe. So I decided then and there I wasnt going to buy the tent... then you posted what I take as a fairly rude post. so not only are you an ***, you are either 1. a liar or 2. selling a ruined tent. Either way I have no interest in your tent or any further conversation with you.

Mike

I have the repair receipt from Davis. dtd 7 Apr 2010

go to their FAQ and they mention having waterproofing for sale.

I am pretty sure I bought the CANVAK from them and yes I put it on per the instructions on the bottles. No one at Davis (Kyle was the guy I was dealing with in 2010) ever mentioned not to put anything on. Now the only guy with email is Roy.

I have used it since, and no leaks or condensation issues.

I will call Roy and see if CANVAK "ruins" the tent, and if so will withdraw it.

Here is the email reply from Davis Tent

Canvak is a paraffin based treatment - and is not what we would recommend putting on our tent as our treatments are silicone based and they would not be compatible. We might say never treat a tent like that but would never say anything like "don't buy that tent under any circumstances" and that it is totally ruined.

there was a product on the market called liquiban - if that is what you used your tent is fine - if you did use canvak the tent might break down slightly quicker than normal but we are still taking decades.

Thanks

Roy Davis

www.davistent.com - email [email protected]
Davis Tent & Awning 4635 Jason St. Denver CO 80211
Toll free 877-ELK-CAMP (355-2267) or local 303-561-1817

Yes it was CANVAK (2 gallons) and I put it on. I have the orginal repair receipt from Davis and this email. No deception and the tent is still very good.

While TikkaMike obviously talked to someone different on the phone,with different ideas, Roy is only guy at Davis that emails.