110 smk

I have not shot these yet but I will be once my 6 Dasher gets done. What twist do you have? Whats your elevation? I had to call Sierra yesterday to get a length on this bullet since I could not find it anywhere. It is very long at 1.346". They recommend a 7 twist but the 7.5 I ordered will work at my 3000' elevation. I look forward to see how they do for you if you try them. I also have a 6mmAI that only has a 10 twist which will someday be rebarreled faster.
Good luck

That's funny they told me yesterday it was 1.32. My twist is 7.5 I I'm at 1000ft in elevation but they said if you push them past 3000 fos I would be fine I was going to order a 1 in 7 but that's to fast for the 108 eld at 3250 so I figured 1 in 7.5 will be a happy medium.

Ya when I called them they tech I talked to couldnt find the info anywhere on it and had to go grab a bullet and calipers and measured a bullet while I talked to him. I'll probably mostly shoot 105 a max and 108 ELD also but once I rebarrel my 6AI I'll run more of the 110's if they shoot. I hope they stabilize for you at that elevation. If you run the calculator the speed of the bullet doesnt help much for stability when compared to elevation or twist.

Did you get your rifle put together yet and run any of these?
I got my dasher put together and fireformed all my brass which let me start some testing with the 110. So far I have had excellent results and way more speed than I expected. I ran a pressure test in increments of .3 grains and was able to get this bullet up to 3110 fps over the magnetospeed with this little cartridge before I started getting an extractor mark on the case head. I've only shot one 3 shot group with them at 100 yards so far which came in about .340"

Just got back from Nevada thinning out some jackrabbits and rock chucks with the 110 grain in my 6 dasher. It is an impressive bullet for sure. I wouldnt use this for anything more than a coyote though.

Accuracy is very impressive and I have found it very easy to load for. Shot some .3" groups at 100 yards even with a not so great scope for accuracy due to very thick crosshair subtensions. I have been loading these about .015" off the lands and running them at 3017 fps.

Just got back from Nevada thinning out some jackrabbits and rock chucks with the 110 grain in my 6 dasher. It is an impressive bullet for sure. I wouldnt use this for anything more than a coyote though.

Accuracy is very impressive and I have found it very easy to load for. Shot some .3" groups at 100 yards even with a not so great scope for accuracy due to very thick crosshair subtensions. I have been loading these about .015" off the lands and running them at 3017 fps.

Do you mind sharing your load? I'm in the process of working up a load in my Dasher as well.

Do you mind sharing your load? I'm in the process of working up a load in my Dasher as well.

This is just a varmint type rifle nothing for competition so if youre going for that I'm probably not much help.... I am using Lapua fireformed brass with a BR-4 primer, 32.7 grains of H 4895 and a neck tension of .001"
In my pressure test I went up in .3 grain powder increments from 31.3 to 34.3 grains. At the 34.3 grains i had a little extractor mark and stopped but it was sure cookin at 3110 fps!!

This is just a varmint type rifle nothing for competition so if youre going for that I'm probably not much help.... I am using Lapua fireformed brass with a BR-4 primer, 32.7 grains of H 4895 and a neck tension of .001"
In my pressure test I went up in .3 grain powder increments from 31.3 to 34.3 grains. At the 34.3 grains i had a little extractor mark and stopped but it was sure cookin at 3110 fps!!

Thanks! I was just curious because I was struggling with the 110's until tonight. It's shooting sub 2" groups @ 600 now.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.