10mm handgun

Having lived and hunted around both. Bears are just mean, so is the cartel though. Hard to say really.

I do know that I wouldn't want to be hunting alone in either environment.
Bears are mean, but mean for a purpose to eat or defend. Cartels are just evil and self-serving. A 9mm is great for every day life, but if you're in the thick of things, a 10mm is better in my opinion.

Bears are mean, but mean for a purpose to eat or defend. Cartels are just evil and self-serving. A 9mm is great for every day life, but if you're in the thick of things, a 10mm is better in my opinion.
I'd rather be carrying an AR with a full battle load if I thought I was going to have to do something crazy where I needed to get out of the thickest of situations. I mean my AR-pistol only weighs a little bit more than my 10mm fully loaded.

Having lived and hunted around both. Bears are just mean, so is the cartel though. Hard to say really.

I do know that I wouldn't want to be hunting alone in either environment.
And your most likely only dealing with one bear not many. I know which I wouldn't hesitate to shoot if threatened 😉

Last edited:
I have a bunch of 15 rd. mags for both my XDM 10mm and Glock 20 10mm.
I have a 20 rd. mag for the Glock also. I got it for free. A guy brought it back to a store I worked part time. Owner asked if I wanted it. Ahh yeah. It functions fine for me. They may make for the XDM also. I forget the maker. I have a few 24 rd. mags for my Glock 21 45 acp. They function fine also along with the factory 13 rd. mags. I've hunted all over Arizona. Twice in Southern. That was back before all this cr@p. If I were hunting there now I'd be carrying a 10mm with 20 rd. mag and at least three 15 rd. Spares.First one is going to get a rifle round. Maybe even have my back up Hellcat 9mm with Two 17 round mags (all I have of them) and a couple 15 rd. mags. I like it better than my Sig 365 or Glock 48 by far. The Hellcat is my everyday carry .

I think NW WY needs to expand their bear relocation program to include south TX.
I'd be willing to give up a few and a lot of wolves. If I knew they wanted some I could of grabbed these two. One last Oct. at 24 yds. He had just got done covering up deer carcass from week before. The other was on my cow elk carcass from week before last Nov.. Went back following week. Thats all that was left. Size 12 boot. You getting any wolves or griz there on west side around you , Big Piney, Afton, etc yet ? Wyoming or Salt River Range ? If not I have plenty here I can herd your way brother 😉
Screenshot_20240213_122553_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240213_122112_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240213_122337_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240213_121654_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240213_123053_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
A few years ago, my wife's elk carcass (gutless method) was moved about 20 yards into a deep, dry creek bottom and cleaned up pretty darn good in only 2 days!

I wish that I had left a trail cam at the sight….that hindsite thing again! 😁 memtb
I'm sure was a black bear 🐻
I'm sending some griz and wolves you way too ! Trying to wrestle an elk around by yourself makes you appreciate how strong any bear is. The last two years I shot cow elk at Bobcat Hulahand were the two high school wrestlers got mauled. The one in 2022 was 2 months after I believe. 😳 You have keep popping your head up like a Prairie dog while cutting up deer and elk on the North and South Fork (Shoshone rivers). Hunting alone here SUCKS anymore.

Last edited:
I'm sure was a black bear 🐻
I'm sending some griz and wolves you way too !

We hunt the Grass Creek Drainage (when we can draw tags) area…..no shortage of grizzlies there either.

Though admittedly, there doesn't seem to be as many now as there was 10 or 15 years ago.

Oh, and on the wolves……no thanks I know that there are plenty around there also. 😉 memtb

I'd rather be carrying an AR with a full battle load if I thought I was going to have to do something crazy where I needed to get out of the thickest of situations. I mean my AR-pistol only weighs a little bit more than my 10mm fully loaded.
It probably wouldn't be a big hassle when hunting with a rifle. Unless maybe hunting mountains. But you could put it in your backpack scabbard 😉 I would still even carry a pistol incase it got close or on ground. I mean for bear of course... 😉 LMAO !

We hunt the Grass Creek Drainage (when we can draw tags) area…..no shortage of grizzlies there either.

Though admittedly, there doesn't seem to be as many now as there was 10 or 15 years ago.

Oh, and on the wolves……no thanks I know that there are plenty around there also. 😉 memtb
Oh ? And you can't stop by. See how you are 🙄