10mm handgun

Carried a 44 magnum revolver for years with 240s in it. Switched just this year to a Glock 10mm. Probably 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, but I like the extra capacity. I like the Glock but you have to use a chest holster which is still ok.
Think they got every holster for those Glocks nowadays, cross-draw, strong-side, even use the ole M-84 Bianchi flap military now n then.

I "limped" in to the DS 1911 market with a RIA a few months back. Been pretty impressed actually.

TAC ULTRA HC THREADED 10MM

I've got a decent supply of hand guns to formulate a solid opinion but this was the first for me. Now I'm looking at 2-3 more.
It does just about everything I want it to. Wish there were more options for grips, but I just took it off completely and put grip tape on instead.
Added a 507k x2 and the new Surefire 300 Turbo

image.jpg

pistols.jpg

I "limped" in to the DS 1911 market with a RIA a few months back. Been pretty impressed actually.

I've got a decent supply of hand guns to formulate a solid opinion but this was the first for me. Now I'm looking at 2-3 more.
It does just about everything I want it to. Wish there were more options for grips, but I just took it off completely and put grip tape on instead.

View attachment 548819

View attachment 548828
Nice display.

ALL my self defence sidearms are SA/DA. I carry round chambered, hammer dropped, no external safety. (There are a few options in varius calibers), but for 10mm its only Sig P220 Legion SA/DA that I know off. Too expensive for me right now, so if I were to be in bear country, I'd just carry something I arealdy have, S&W 629, 44 mag. (it meets my requirements, SA/DA, hammer dropped)
Thats me though.

View attachment 548819

View attachment 548828
I have that 10mm too, I think it is HEAVY.

DA/SA is a good point for defense guns. Whatever type you carry you need to be comfortable with one in the chamber. Whatever the choice, practice,practice,practice. Run around and get your heart thumping and then see what your hit percentage is on a 12" target at 15 yds. 5 shots as fast as you can from holster. Most people don't do well. Also keep in mind, don't count on any shots that take longer than 3-4 seconds to get off.

Last edited:
I just got back from SW MT on my Elk hunt and this is what I took minus the ports. Ammo is just as important as caliber though. Get a 200gr hard cast bullet. I also swapped the trigger for a nice Timney trigger and it shoots nice. The ports would probably help, but the factory option adds length to get it. There are places out there that port them without the extra length. LGS employee put me onto Monsoon Tactical, that he did on his. I have not done it yet, but he swore by it.

S&W full-size 10mm M&P loaded with Underwood 140 gr Lehigh Extreme Penetrators.
1709250206885.jpeg

Do you mean this bullet/projectile?

This is not meant as a personal attack….merely an observation!

While they certainly will penetrate, with their shape they will provide minimal tissue disruption, minimal bleeding ……much like stepping on a nail.

IMO, the wound will rapidly close, with minimal hemorrhaging and tissue destruction. Unless brain or upper spinal column nerve is hit directly….it will do very little in stopping or slowing an attack! Again JMO.

This is where a heavy, wide metplat bullet excels. It penetrates quite well, makes a relatively large wound (tissue damage) channel. memtb

Last edited:

Recent Posts