10mm handgun

Any advice on a 10mm handgun.Looking at a Glock budget $1000.
What is the intended use? Carry?, Back-up while hunting? Hunting?

I've got a G29SF and G20 mags w/grip extensions as well as a Lone Wolf barrel that is about an inch longer if I remember correctly. I like the 29 as is for packing/carry and the extended mags for shooting.

I've got a G29SF and G20 mags w/grip extensions as well as a Lone Wolf barrel that is about an inch longer if I remember correctly. I like the 29 as is for packing/carry and the extended mags for shooting.
He lives in Seeley Lake, MT…that equals Griz Gun.

Going to be elk hunting southwest Montana coming season,backup bear protection.I know just better than a sharp stick ,but!

My G20 stays on my hip anytime I'm in Bear or these days "illegals country"!
The G20 props up in my boot in my tent at night in perfect reach. I added the trijicon sights and I see a pair of eyes watching over me in my tent while I sleep, its great for piece of mind.

Im currently using a Nosler 180hp with a healthy dose of Bluedot, that is a great all around bullet. I tried a load for the 200xtp for bear country but it shoots WAY high. I haven't revisited this in a few years because I am so accurate with the 180's out to 100yds. I decide it was better to hit with 180 then miss with a 200grain! I plan to see if backing the load off would bring the poi back?

I shot an auadad at 40yds this year using the 180gr and it dropped with a high lung shot!!

So many great 10's out there these days. Tell us what you pick
James

A12CDBF6-CED7-400E-9FA2-FEAF4B427C1E.jpeg

Kimber Stainless Target (LS) has a 6 inch barrel, 1911 in 10mm for $1,239 but, they can sometimes be found around that $1,000 price. If ya do end up with, the Glock 20 and the grip is too slippery, Hogue has a grip sleeve in FDE, Grey, OD green etc for $14.95, cobblestone rubber slip-on, makes it fill out if got bigger paws.