1082 and 960 Yard Muley Double video

spdrman

Ive been reading this ELR thread for years never thinking I'd have a post the qualifies for it but now I do! (hope I dont get in trouble for my buddies buck being 40 yards short)

Last month my friend joined for for a deer hunt here in idaho, we found to great bucks chasing the same herd of does around so I got behind the gun and was able to make a great shot at 1082 yards, after my buck went down my friend got behind the gun and took this great 28.5" wide buck at 960 yards

Heres the video link ...

and some pics as well!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Super nice bucks.

Also, a great job on the video work and production.

What was your rifle setup?

Super nice bucks.

Also, a great job on the video work and production.

What was your rifle setup?

Thanks!!

Rifle is 300 RUM, Lawton Action, 28" Carbon Barrel, MPI stock, Jewel Trigger and topped with a Vortex Razor 5-20x50, I'm shooting 230 bergers out of it at a validated 3014 FPS

Where the 230 gr .719 or the.743. Did they go through both kills how much bamage ? Where did you hit them ? thanks for info . Joe

Where the 230 gr .719 or the.743. Did they go through both kills how much bamage ? Where did you hit them ? thanks for info . Joe

They where the .743 Bergers, all 3 shots zipped right through them, we deboned them without gutting them so not 100% sure how the insides looked but judging by the exit hole Im guessing it wasnt pretty on the inside. I hit my buck (the first one) about 2" behind the shoulder. My buddy hit his in the Liver/guts the first shot his second was right behind the shoulder

Great video guys! You shoot all the longrange stuff with iphone on spotting scope?
What ya use for the close stuff?

Thanks guys

Its a ABS Carbon barrel

I Have a Droid Razr maxx HD that i recorded the video with through a Vortex Razor 16-48x65 spotter, the other stuff was just with a Panasonic video camera

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.