105 Berger Hybrid giving new life to the 6mm Remmy!

GenPatton

After owning my Ruger M77 in 6mm Remington for 20+ years, I'm excited to see what it can do with the Berger 105 hybrids. Being unable to find H4350, I picked up some Superformance powder only to find nonexistent load data.
Would it be safe to start with 44 grains, as it's the starting load for H4831(which is the next faster on Hodgdon's burn rate chart)?

Before burning any powder, I would make sure you have an appropriate twist rate to stabilize the 105's in that 20 year old Ruger. Berger says you need a 1:8 to properly stabilize.

Not according to Berger's twist rate calculator.

Screenshot_2015-09-09-16-03-04.jpg

........After owning my Ruger M77 in 6mm Remington for 20+ years, I'm excited to see what it can do with the Berger 105 hybrids.......

Good Luck! I looked and found nothing either. Being the only other 6mm Remington owner left :rolleyes:, I'm curious to see your results.

Not according to Berger's twist rate calculator.

View attachment 51696
B-P-UU,
The bullet being classified as "marginally stable" does not mean it CANT be used with the twist rate entered. The bullet will still be accurate and stable out to 600 yards or so. Where the issue will be due to the compromised BC because of the twist rate of the barrel will be at ranges out past 600 yards. The round will still be stable but will have more yaw than if you are AT OR ABOVE THE 1.5 SG. See Bryan Litz's article on Bullet twist rate and accuracy on the Berger Website or Applied Ballistic Website or on this website in the DAILY BULLETIN archives for more information on this.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.