1016 yard black bear kill by Shawn Carlock

Well it's because I have a 20 min. Base then a 200 min. Adjustable Base and then the Scope mounts !
This gives me about 270 minutes of elevation for long distance shooting.

Rum Man
I followed Shawn after a Scope sliding on one of my 338 Edge Rifles . So far so good ! This new 375 Rum and 365 gr in the works will test a set of Rings I'm positive!

Rum Man
View attachment 466844

Rum Man

20210411_105321.jpg

I had this scope and base on my other 338 Edge but it had a 55Moa base .
I had enough elevation to go past 4000 yards .

I hit a 3 shot 26 3/4" group at 3027 yards (1.72miles ) in this picture . My personal best to date . Looking forward to the 2 mile attempt next !

Rum Man

I'm using Warne quic release scope rings that I've trued and polished for full contact. I may have put a small brop of blue locktite on each half of the rings before i torqued them. The quick change screws are licktited. There isn't a Weaver/picatinny rail. Would you still suggest that I Use more than 1 set of rings? If so how would I mount them? I'm using the 2 piece ring mounts.
It is not recommended to place Loctite on anything that is going to be torqued. If one torques to the max suggested, that may be over torqued.

I didn't know that, it's been that way for a while. I guess that all of it is overtorqued equally. Thank you for the info. Paul

View attachment 467147

I hit a 3 shot 26 3/4" group at 3027 yards (1.72miles ) in this picture . My personal best to date . Looking forward to the 2 mile attempt next !

Rum Man
Good God MAN!!! That is some crazy accuracy. I'm having a hard time even imaging that. And to think I was one day hoping to shoot under 18" at 1000yds. LOL

View attachment 467147

Rum Man
Is this pic taken in Michigan? You're fortunate to have a place to shoot those distances. Enjoy!!

Blkrflguy, I'm sorry, I didn't mean not to answer the question of what it's on. It's a slightly modified 7mm Valkyrie (300Wm parentcase) it's similar to Nathan Walker's 7/300 Practical. He has some rather impressive videos, you ought to look at them. He makes some very long shots on goats and hogs. He has a book series and a company in New Zealand and I can't remember the company name right now.
His name is Nathan Foster. Nice guy with a lot of great info on long range hunting. I built a 7x300 Practical for Southern bean field hunting. Longest kill shot is 1102 yds with the 162 amax.

I'm glad that you corrected my mistake. Nathan deserves alot of credit for his research and abilities. Wish we could get him up here in the northern hemisphere. With the help of a guy that I met on the net I assembled a variation of the 7mm Practical. The 7mm Valkyrie with a couple of my own touchs. I've only hunted with it 1 time and found that. It's way too destructive for anything but a beanfield or powerline. I shot 1 at +-300 yds. It tore up the forward 1/4 of the deer so bad that I had to pick bone shards from the neck and shoulders so that I could run burger and sausage. Here on out, less than 400 yds I'll be head/neck shooting or not at all.
Again thanks for the correction on Nathan Walker.
I had plans to buy his books but things came up. I'm still hoping to get the set asap but it'll be a little while.
scpaul

while.

Recent Posts