100 yd zero hitting high at 200 yd

You either didn't read what I wrote or purposely ignored it, but either way, you blatantly mistated what I said. You also didn't read the other comments that I was responding to, or again you don't want to let the facts get between you and your pointless self righteous statement. I stopped reading pretty early into your post.

To question my understanding of ballistics while making several factually incorrect statements in the same post just leaves you with egg all over your face.

Please stop tagging me, I'm done here.
;):p

Yup, I always enjoy a rational discussion with people that resort to personal attacks rather than debating the topic at hand. Have a good night.

;):p

Yup, I always enjoy a rational discussion with people that resort to personal attacks rather than debating the topic at hand. Have a good night.
You literally called me "clueless and irrational", and now I'm the one who resorted to personal attacks.

Are you drunk?

You also think that there is a logical reason that a rifle with a 100y zero would have a higher impact at 200y. If there was anyone left in this conversation that thought you had a clue what you were talking about, they just got up off the floor from where they fell while belly laughing.

From JBMs website
1615345478854.png

The drop is 3.8 inches at 100 yards and it's 4.8 inches at 200 yards, that an inch higher at 200 yards than at 100 yards. That pretty much means that the bullet impacts higher at 200 yards than it does at 100 yards. JBM defines the drop as the distance above or below the line of sight.

You literally called me "clueless and irrational", and now I'm the one who resorted to personal attacks.

Are you drunk?

You also think that there is a logical reason that a rifle with a 100y zero would have a higher impact at 200y. If there was anyone left in this conversation that thought you had a clue what you were talking about, they just got up off the floor from where they fell while belly laughing.
Oh gosh, there's that name calling again. Good argument, show me some more of that rational reasoning.

That is a rifle zeroed at about 327y for max point blank range. The more you talk the more embarrassing this is going to be for you.

Again, are you drunk?

Well I've had fun with this adult conversation but I've got to go and do something useful with my time. Bye.

Well I've had fun with this adult conversation but I've got to go and do something useful with my time. Bye.
You did look at it right?

You see the far left column where it shows a positive trajectory at 300y and then at 350y it is a negative trajectory, that's because the zero range is in between those ranges..

Then there is a line that says "zeroed at max point blank range" and then a corresponding answer of "yes".

But listen, don't go away mad. We've all been wrong before. It happens to everyone.

I'm sorry, it is zeroed at 314y. On the right at the bottom they have it spelled out.

I asked show me how it could be on at 100 yards and 2" high at 200 That's not sighted in a 100 yards that's 314. and it's still not 2" higher than 100 yards.
Of course, as we've been trying to explain to him all afternoon, you will always be lower than your zero point at every distance past it. Maybe he understands that now, but I doubt he will admit it. I don't want to beat him up for it, I just hope he learned something here. I'm not even mad at him for his posts about how I didn't know what I was talking about. He was just wrong, and we've all been there, I know I have.

Don't get mad I'm not trying to belittle you just trying to get you to understand ballistics. I would love it if I could have a weapon that was on at 100 yards and be 2" high at 200 yards. I could go kick*** at 1000 yard competitions. And I'm just a one eyed average shooter!

By chance are you shooting upside down in the Southern Hemisphere? I hear they have to adjust for bullet RISE as distances increase. But that's just what I read on the internet...
Don't be silly...his scope is mounted upside down. I guarantee he'll be 13 inches high at 300, 28 inches high at 400, and 56 inches high at 500. Simple physics. Loosen the rings, turn the scope over, and all will be well.

j/k.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts