1/4 moa

caffee

ok, i have a nikon bdc primos scope. shooting a 40 g hornady 204. it is 1/4 moa. zero at 200 yds.
if i am hitting 1 inch high and 2 inches right , i go down 4 clicks and 8 clicks left? is this right. i was getting a little confused in the sub zero weather today. old iron sights habit kicked in. any help would be appreciated. also the bdc is 2 moa circles, so if i am zeroed. the first circle down (300 yds). the hornady 40g drop -4.5 so whats does this mean?

@ 100 yds you would go 4 down 8 left. @200 you would go 2 down and 4 left. Not sure about the circles have only dealt with mil-dot systems.

The click correction was addressed already. As for your dots:

You'll want to refer to the Nikon manual for spacing on the circles in their BDC reticle. If I remember correctly, each circle subtends 2 MOA when on the maximum power for the scope. That means at 100 yds, it covers ~2 inches, at 200 yds ~4 inches, and so forth. The distance between circles, though, I don't remember so check the manual (it's also available on Nikon's website). You'd need to figure out the drop of your load, and then you can use the appropriate circle (I use top, bottom, and middle to gain extra aiming points and more precision) to hold on targets at various ranges beyond your zero range.

Brian

Get the '10 catalog ASAP. It gives u all the subtension info in it that you'll ever need. Nikon is 1 of the best in the business for this info!

But u must get the catalog for subtension info. U won't find it anywhere else!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.