08 muley down...

NONYA

Jumped a 1 horned nontyp with a HEAVY 10" horn,with a short dropper when this buck emerged from the timber.Ranged the first buck at 760(actually 713 i was hitting the trees behind him) and did some quick math using the drop chart on the side of the 8mag,held apprx 3 deer over him and broke his back right behind the shoulder with the first shot,had to put another one in him to finish it.By far the best buck I have seen this year,his mass is outstanding.
3.jpg

4-1.jpg

Great deer congrats, also sounds like a pretty nice shot as well. What was your rifle you used for the hunt?

I use the 8mm rem mag,dont even have a mildot on it yet,just an old 6x leupold,180 gr tsx at 3250 fps,had to use the dropchart and hold over,thanx guys.

Yup, that's a keeper for sure. I was kind'a wondering how your hunt was going. I'm still looking for that "just right" buck. That one of yours would certainly do. Nice going.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.