“Notify Me When in Stock” Feature Online Retailers?

I just wish retailers would be honest about what "in stock" means.

In my mind, It doesn't mean that it will ship in 6 weeks.

Sorry, not trying to sidetrack your thread.

It should mean that they have it in possession and are able to take orders for it. When they have a valid order it should be removed from stock even tho it has not shipped. I suppose it depends upon the sophistication of their order taking and shipping software.

I've got several "notify me when in stock" alerts for Midway and other online retailers for reloading supplies. Have you all had any luck with this feature grabbing hard to get items?
I have received them on some items such as Forster bullet puller collets, I believe from Midway and Brownell's. For primers, I received a few notifications that item is no longer available.

Got some bullets from a notification from Midway a couple weeks ago. In all fairness, I was awake @ 430 am when the email came through and I acted upon it immediately. Powder, not so much. I've basically given up on primers.

I JUST received a notice from Bullet Central. I tried to place my order in under 10 min but bullets were out of stock. I emailed them but was told that they went that fast.
Some people are using software to beat out the pack IMO. I'll bet the bullets I missed are on GunBroker already. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.