worst forum ever!!!

Biffs- Yah I really honestly dont think I came in offensive. I tried to defend myself if anything!! Those guys came at me from all kinds of directions! They tried telling me that I KNEW IT ALL. I was like what the heck, I came here with an open mind to learn how to call them in closer, so I didn't have to use big guns and shoot them far away, (not that I dont mind, but.) They had a hard time grasping that concept.

Bill- Yah there trying to tell me about ballistics, ha ha. I threw numbers out at the one guy who tried calling my load out on my 300 RUM. He didn't use a good software program because it only went in 100 yard increments. He was like "how far does your bullet drop between 700-800 yards anyways." I just said you know, thats all irrelevant to a certain poit because I dial up for my ranges anyways. I dont think 95% of those idiots even know what that is in the first place. They woulnd't know how to even begin to hit something at that range. I liked the guy who threw in the "factory rifle" couldn't shoot that far out, no way, no how. I told him to go stand out there 800 yards then and see what happens then. I'll forget about in a couple days, just kinda funny I guess.

Mach V- Yah, I guess I shoulda just cooled my jets towards the end, so I coulda stuck around just for the good information, I'm sure they know a little about what there doing, but not to much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I wasn't really trying to bring up the LR thing, I just basically said that since I'm not very good at calling, they sometimes hang out there ways and I'm forced to use my better shooting skills. I dont see where thats offensive in any way, shape, or form. I want to learn how to call them little suckers in better, there smart dogs for sure. I'd like to get a lot more calling, but it just dont work that way for me. My best method is usually driving around and so called "sniping" them, thats how they look at it anyways. To me, a coyote is a predator/varmint and should be treated as such. The fawn mortality rate in Oregon for antelope is ridiculous because of all the yotes. My intent was not to stir up a bunch of crap, but only to introduce myself and the way I'm currently hunting/set up. They didn't like it from the get go, and I guess I can see why. That site has some certain parameters that you ahve to follow, and I guess I didn't, oh well.

Coyotegods? Piffle. Them boys use rifles. Why, I call 'em in so close I can kill 'em with a stick, and a short stick at that. Hell, they probably don't even eat them coyotes. Nothin' like a mess o' pan-fried coyote chitlins on a cold winter morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifYou have to use sticks? I just grab em and strangle them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, that way you don't hurt the hide.

They are really geared to the 17's and much else they tend to snub as being overly unfriendly (pelt wise), or that you could not call them in closer (which works out to being "your fault") When one runs across such one should just get out of it what you need and leave the rest. Personally I don't own a 17 but being somewhat of a spectator I just read until I'm bored with it.

[ QUOTE ]
Nothin' like a mess o' pan-fried coyote chitlins on a cold winter morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should open a resturant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"John Henry" is a pompous idiot who really believes he is a "god".........he is a legend in his own mind....and his side kick "Vic" is just as bad!

He rails against shooting young coyotes.....and wasting fur......but, ask him about his ADC work a few years back.....as I remember it, he did the very things he preaches against, but it was alright....because..... because.... oh yeah, because HE was the one doing it!

He isn't worth the powder it would take to blow him up!

[ QUOTE ]
Nothin' like a mess o' pan-fried coyote chitlins on a cold winter morning

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot a fine potted meat glaze. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Those "gods" border on the same phycosis that PETA members exhibit. Animal appreciation can be overblown to animal worship. I like coyotes too and give them much admiration, but if I'm hunting them, I will take what I can get. If that happens to be a pup at 800 yards with a 338, then that is what it will be.

I'm surprised those "gods" will even kill coyotes at all even if it is with a .17. Or maybe they just talk about killing them when in reality they are taking them out on dates!

Finally read the whole thing. I can't believe that grown men would conduct themselves in such a manner. Sad.

But hey, that's what makes this place so great. If some guy came on here talking of shooting coyotes @ 20 yds w/a 17 HMR, we'd all be asking him how he calls them in so close, not flaming him for using a popgun!!!

I read the rules of the site and still missed the foul in the first post. It's always ammusing when the moderator lets the regulars pour it on when in reality most of the registered members live vicariously through their computers. I would venture to say that the ones howling the loudest probably spend the least amount of time afield. The true character of the forum was`shown when they regressed to profanity. Don't get me wrong, I have as foul a mouth as the next guy but I see no need to use this type of language to prove a point. Lastly, one could easily question the ethics of using a 17 on such a tough and godly animal as the coyote. What do I know anyway, I use a Foxpro and most of my coyotes here have mange.
Lance

Had a guy from Wyoming join today I saw and try to defend 25-06 it looked like and they banned him too.....

I have to agree, that is a "holier than thou" walk on water website....

What a joke they are......

Probably half of them ever even seen a Coyote....lol

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.