Anyone ever get banned from a forum?

MagnumManiac

Len, if this is not OK, please remove.

As above, anyone get banned after being attacked/reported by other members for replying endlessly over matters that didn't concern them and DEFENDING yourself?
I won't mention the forum, as it's not worth my time to do so.
Just wondering if this has happened to others.

Cheers.

Yeah, I once read a response from one of the Fender forum website darlings, to a newbie that had asked a question, that I thought was rather caustic and retorted that "...maybe he should not blow a nut." That did it and was also well worth it. I'm older now and have gotten a bit more immune to a quick response, thank God!

"It is not what a man puts in his mouth that defiles him, but what comes out."
There are some fast food examples that are exceptions, but you know what I mean.

I am glad there are forums for shooters/hunters to share info, but like a lot of the cancel culture going on today, if you dont play by thier forum rules, you can get banned. I have to keep my mouth shut most of the time, but its damned hard to do so.....and sometimes I get banned.

If someone wants to disagree with a statement you have made without explaining why, then goes on a whole 'nuther direction of HIS reasons for doing something that was irrelevant to what I said, that is disrespectful and I'm gonna call a spade a spade.
Then I get all these other members backing up their 'Gold Contributor' telling me I should have more respect for said person, who, by the way, still refused to tell me why he disagreed. It wasn't until this point that I lost my S#%T and gave what for.
Those that gave me S#%T were warned, that is all.
Good riddance to ignorant people I say.

Cheers.

I took 90 ban from this forum. Still don't understand why I got banned,
Not my house.....not my rules.
This was back when people got in trouble for posting pics that are similar to what we see in the adds now.
Things change.....sometimes for the better....sometimes for the worse.

If you're a guy like JE Custom, you'll never be banned.
If a person is a jerk, and contributes nothing but arguments, it gets bad in a hurry. Everyone can be reported. The administrators are very good at reviewing every word I say, every complaint against me.
A constructive dialog goes a long way. If one is not a subject matter expert, read the thread or step aside. No one learns if the thread blows up in off topic rants between individuals, especially if one claims to know it all.
I look at the administrators as my referee. If they toss me, I probably earned it.
Keep it pithy.
The new members don't need "shock therapy" and then walk away thinking this site was a mistake. No one knows it all. I follow about 20 members for straight shooter "status". I've learned much from them.
Keyboard warriors is what's wrong with all media these days.

Um... yeah. And still not sure why. 406muley

the same happened to me , not on this forum . I started a thread on portable shooting benches . got some ideas from the guys . I posted pics of what I built , with a short how to . that earned me 30 days suspension . heck I even hunted with the forum owner before this happened . I've never went back .

If you're a guy like JE Custom, you'll never be banned.
If a person is a jerk, and contributes nothing but arguments, it gets bad in a hurry. Everyone can be reported. The administrators are very good at reviewing every word I say, every complaint against me.
A constructive dialog goes a long way. If one is not a subject matter expert, read the thread or step aside. No one learns if the thread blows up in off topic rants between individuals, especially if one claims to know it all.
I look at the administrators as my referee. If they toss me, I probably earned it.
Keep it pithy.
The new members don't need "shock therapy" and then walk away thinking this site was a mistake. No one knows it all. I follow about 20 members for straight shooter "status". I've learned much from them.
Keyboard warriors is what's wrong with all media these days.
That's my biggest complaint about this Forum any more, a first time reloader asks a simple question and 15 posts later if he doesn't have a AMP annealer and a Forester Coax and Redding dies he just wasting his time

Last edited:
That's my biggest complaint about this Forum any more, a first time reloader asks a simple question an 15 posts later if he doesn't have a AMP annealer and a Forester Coax and Redding dies he just wasting his time
That is WHY I LOVE THE FOLKS with WISDOM ON here that can eeeease in beginners with some thoughful LEARNING PAINS//////////COST's without belittleing them.............Then some ((((you just shake YOU HEAD an wonder how many times they got DROPPED ON THEIR head as a babe...))))Thanks BUTTERBEAN (REMEMBER.....Don't argue-------------------------------

That's my biggest complaint about this Forum any more, a first time reloader asks a simple question an 15 posts later if he doesn't have a AMP annealer and a Forester Coax and Redding dies he just wasting his time
It's a similar theme no matter the forum/media, from firearms to reloading supplies to merino wool banana hammocks.