Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by HoytFlinger, Jan 20, 2013.

1. HoytFlinger

HoytFlinger Well-Known Member

I just got back from Sportsmans Warehouse and the shelves are bare. Not even a damn box of primers. I don't get it. I can understand a run on ARs, but bullets, powder, and primers???

2. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

Panic of the uncertanty

3. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Exactly!!

4. D.ID

D.ID Well-Known Member

Fear............. fear has become the ultimate tool of this government, fear of inadequate representation, fear of unconstitutional "laws", fear of executive action by a regime with no respect for the limits imposed on american government. Not unjustified fear but fear none the less. In this case fear of ammo shortages and or restrictions imposed. Hopefully this "run" on guns and ammo will help remind them, there are limits. Then again they may think pushing people into a corner and poking them is advantageous to there true end.

5. HoytFlinger

I am pretty certain there will be zero impact to reloading supplies if some sort of ban passes. They are going after assault weapons not supplies. People hear ban and just go crazy on everything even items not even listed in pending legislation.

6. wagspe208

wagspe208 Member

IMO it is get it while you certainly can. Bird in hand. I doubt there will be any bans on reloading supplies.
    Now, there has been "background checks for ammo", the natural progression is "background checks on reloading supplies".
    So, like I said.... just as simple as bird in the hand.
    You will not lose money on the supplies.
    Look at ammo prices .223, 5.45x39, etc....
    Wags

Maybe this sums it up... As legal, law abiding Americans, a free people, we don't like to be watched, monitored, etc.

7. Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter Well-Known Member

I agree with this statement +1100

8. HoytFlinger

I have no fear of a ban on powder and primers.

9. boog

boog Member

same reason the shelves at the grocery store go empty when it snows - folks panic

10. HoytFlinger

They panic because they do not try to get educated on the issue. It is very frustrating to not be able to even get a damn box of primers at my local store.

11. jlamb

jlamb Well-Known Member

The fear is helping the industry. Obama is the best thing that ever happened to boost sales...I can't by into the fear, I'm just pissed that I can't shoot my AR because I can't buy supplies!

12. HoytFlinger

I know it's helping the industry, but pisses me off for lack of everything, powder, brass, primers, and bullets! My local store is completely wiped out!

13. rooster740

rooster740 Well-Known Member

Do not take offense to my statement but I also replenished my supplies because I did not want to be in your shoes. Call me uneducated on the issues at hand, but I have what I need for one year of shooting with the exception of 230gr 308 Bergers, which will be here soon.

Good luck on your end of the battle
    Hank

14. gcamp54

gcamp54 Well-Known Member

I was in Gander Mountain today to buy a new plinking pistol. The guy in front of me had just bought a shopping cart full of their entire stock of 9mm ammo. The 45 white box has almost doubled in price.
    Gordon