Reloading Supplies

I've had Goodluck wheeling and dealing for supplies on the classifieds. Not bulk but enough to keep the hunting rifles gtg. Alot of guys are willing to trade more then sell. As far as powder I just keep checking. Been lucky a few times but I had to go outside my wheel house and try a few things.

Here's a couple of places to try, Midsouth shooters supply, natchez shooting supply, and recobs Target shop. Got three pounds of IMR 4064 from Recobs about week ago for a friend.

Everyone needs to stop worrying about THE powder and focus on getting fast, medium, or slow powders as needed.

Every single week you could get powder to keep those rifles loaded, just can't be so picky.

Varget is pixie dust. Tried imr 4166 and it is doing just fine.
Definitely good to try different things. While Varget is the "go to" powder for the 6BR, I have found that Shooter's World Precision Rifle, N140, N540 and even H4350 work just as well and sometimes better.......And I'm sure the list goes on.

I have not been able to buy any reloading supplies for over a year. I will see a post from one of the members but by the time I get to the vendor everything is gone. I still work and don't have time to watch for post or check websites like most of you do. Really frustrating Sportsman's in my city get sporadic shipments but by the time I get there 16 miles its all gone. I sat on my hands when the opportunity to buy was there and all of a sudden everything was gone and hasn't come back. I've heard the Military is buying up a lot of the products but why would they buy more than normal when we are winding down on some of the wars we are in.
I have been faced with the same thing lucky I guess to have enough to feed the rifles I have. I hunt more than target shoot so a box of twenty will go along way. I was gifted a new first light 6.5x300 which I have not received yet but it has taken a couple of months to get powder, bullets, dies and brass together. I intend just to work up a good accurate load and let it go at that. The only suitable powder I have been able to obtain is US 869. Want to try the Hammers in this rifle.

I understand what your going through I've been looking for stuff to reload for my 223 for about 6 months now and also trying to find h or imr4350 and staball 6.5 for my 30-06 and 300 wsm and i havnt been able to find any on line.ive got a feeling there's alot of people just sitting around watching all the web sites buying up stuff they don't need and hording it or buying it and resolving on places like gun broker to make a killing and there is alot of t nowthat going on from what I've seen
I'm paying around $59 a pound including shipping for powder on Gun Broker. Hostage/extortionist prices, but I've got powder. I did see 4350 going for the same prices right have to buy 8 pounds. If you do purchase make sure to check shipping charges because some of them are ridiculous

Last edited:
Went down to Blue Collar reloading today (in person). They had a fair amount of VV, RL16 and RL33. No N570 or N568 today but expecting some soon. Fair stock of Hornady bullets, not much in the way of Berger. Said they try various methods to get around the "bots" and don't post all at once. Even make sure to keep some back for locals.

I just captured or have a commitment to capture 1000 CCI 41 (small rifle, mil spec) primers from Midway :) . The cost: $89.99 primers, $12.20 shipping, $12.99 hazard fee, & $0.82 NRA donation. This AM they were listed as avail but when I made my move (to cart) they were not, success this early PM. Real good primer, I use them in .20P, .204R, .223, & 6.5X47L.

Go for it before they are gone. I paid $35 or so for 1000 at my LGS about 18 months ago. $59 or so for 1 pound of powder including shipping is common for most on-line sites like Graf, MIdWay, & MidSouth

Last edited: