Reloading Supplies

As a long range shooter for over 30 years I have run into many problems and have found ways to overcome the majority of them. However I have run into one which I need some help with. Like many of you I use what is called a wildcat round wich requires me to from my own brass and load my own rounds. Thus comes the problem. I have never had problems getting powder (IMR 4831) bullets, brass or primers until now. I have been checking with all of the places I have bouth these before and on the internet with places I have never heard of before all with the same results. No one has reloading supplies and no one has any idea when or if they are going to get some. If the manufacturers are in high production and the stuff is coming out where is it going. One way to control weapons is not to have any ammo. Hard to make a weapon work or be anthing other than wood and steel without any ammo. Anyway is there anyone other there who can tell me where I can order supplies and get them before who knows when?

Last edited:
Boomtube

This I understand when you building some really wild wildcats. But 6.5 bullets, 270 Weatherby Brass, IMR 4538, Federal 215 primers, 300 Weatherby Brass, 180, 165, 200, grain 30cal bullets are not really that much of a wildcat problem in the past. Like I stated most wildcats are standard brass necked up or down with shoulder changes, and somtimes shortend and renecked. Most wildcats also use common powders and primers. However I would like to thank you for your response and may we continue enjoying shooting for the thrill and challenges presented in real gun control. Hiting your target at any range!

If the manufacturers are in high production and the stuff is coming out where is it going.

In a nutshell...."hoarding".

Manufacturers' production is high, re-sellers are going crazy with the amount of business they have. All of us reloaders are grabbing as much inventory as we can get for our own reloading benches. We are worried about possible government intervention that will screw up things.

A few shop owners I've talked to have said that some are buying the components on speculation that they will resell at a much higher price when the taxes are raised or components outlawed. Which is really screwing things up for those of us who are not spazzing out.
I'm hoping that this does not come about and there will be some good deals when things are over stocked. Oorrrr, I may need to invest in a blow gun if it goes the other way, as I have not been properly hording. :)

Reloading?
50 Lbs. of the Righteous Black (powder) and a reliable source (or stockpile) for lead and flint.
Loading Ol' Betsy takes a mite longer than stuffing in a fresh magazine. And then you've got to clean the durn thing.
So, the fun lasts a mite longer. No 1,500 round days, but there'll be lots of laughter.
I'm barreling up a mighty Express Rifle in .50x140 Sharps for the long range stuff.
I mean to try to harass the wily sage rats with Great-Great-Grampa's old .69 Springfield. Bayonet affixed, to be sure.
I'm working up a 1.75" x 18" x 4" cannon to shoot golf ball size (1.75") rounds.
Just smear a little peanut butter around the muzzle. Desperate times ... desperate measures!