Why e-bikes give more exercise

I'm glad I missed the banned banter. The premise of the article does not align with what my body tells me. Even when I compare a 3 hour e-bike ride to a 1 hour acoustic bike ride. For me the best use of my e-bike is when I am not motivated to ride or when I want to go far and long to explore. If I want exercise I'd reach for acoustic bike even though I'll suffer more.

Ok, I've been a triathlete for say 30 years. When covid hit I got so sick I could barely ride a stationary bike. And yes, it was vaccine related no matter what the "experts" have to say about it. I sold one tri bike, a VERY expensive tri bike trek speed concept and bought an e Bike. I love this thing. I get one hour a day to ride. Our road suck. If I ride my other bike, an S works, a VERY expensive bike I'd spend most of my ride changing flat. Nope.

Ok, I've been a triathlete for say 30 years. When covid hit I got so sick I could barely ride a stationary bike. And yes, it was vaccine related no matter what the "experts" have to say about it. I sold one tri bike, a VERY expensive tri bike trek speed concept and bought an e Bike. I love this thing. I get one hour a day to ride. Our road suck. If I ride my other bike, an S works, a VERY expensive bike I'd spend most of my ride changing flat. Nope.
Hey AGGRO, I'm picking up what you're putting down. I spend a lot of time on the saddle of a regular bike. But my age is becoming a big number. I haven't made the switch to an ebike yet, but I know it's coming. When it comes, for me it will mean the difference between being able to ride and get exercise or not. It's not same exercise as I probably won't ride much longer, but it's something.

It is nice to have options. Yesterday did 1-1/2 hour ride on my acoustic bike and was tired but felt energized. So today I took the ebike for a 3 hour ride. Went up to top of mountain (Mt. Tamalpais), down mountain to ocean, then up another mountain (large hill), down that mountain, then back home through cities on paved streets/bike paths.