My hunting E-MTB "system"

Thanks "338Dude", I appreciate the links on the Feds thinking and regs.regarding e-bikes.
As with all new technologies the laws will catch up - AND become more expensive, naturally.

As for you Luddites who don't like any electric transportation you may continue to use your noisy stink mobiles of course. I charge my bike outdoors and monitor the charge on the bike's information screen. When it gets to 95% I unplug the charger. LITHIUM RELATED BATTERY FIRES RESULT FROM OVERCHARGING LITHIUM BATTERIES.

BTW, my BLUETTI AC200 MAX power center is lithium iron phosphate (Li Fe Po4) and is not the fire hazard that Lithium-ion batteries are. Plus they get a few thousand more charge-discharge cycles than lithium-ion batteries do.
Soon I'll have a charger that is adjustable to the % of charge I want. Then there will be no overcharging danger plus the batteries will last longer when limited to an 80% to 90% charge level, same as your cell phone.

In this new e-powered world some edumacation is necessary, just like knowing when a check engine light code means limp home or stop right now and call a tow before severe damage is done.
As for me, an e-mountain bike is like a magic carpet.
I'm sorry, But your electric bike and car or ugly truck for that matter are just coal burners. Most electric power is still generated using fossil fuels. But I know you are doing your part right? The sun goes down at night, And the wind doesn't always blow.

Now I have nothing against E-bikes, Wish they had those a long time ago.

Signed, Luddite

I'm sorry, But your electric bike and car or ugly truck for that matter are just coal burners. Most electric power is still generated using fossil fuels. But I know you are doing your part right? The sun goes down at night, And the wind doesn't always blow.

Now I have nothing against E-bikes, Wish they had those a long time ago.

Signed, Luddite
Not sure what your comment has to do with bikes for hunting? I personally understand power generation. We are talking about a tool to assist in hunting. Not really 'going green" I personally do not believe in man made global warming/climate change. I do however enjoy my ebike more for the battery assist and quietness that can help move me and my gear faster than foot speed. So if you are trying to start crap 💩 about electric vehicles go pound sand this isn't what this is about

Not sure what your comment has to do with bikes for hunting? I personally understand power generation. We are talking about a tool to assist in hunting. Not really 'going green" I personally do not believe in man made global warming/climate change. I do however enjoy my ebike more for the battery assist and quietness that can help move me and my gear faster than foot speed. So if you are trying to start crap 💩 about electric vehicles go pound sand this isn't what this is about
Evidently you didn't read or understand the original post or mine. Like I said E-Bikes are great wish they had them a long time ago.

Thinking about aquiring an 2wd e bike.I read lots of pro's on e-bikes, not much disscusion about the ride or suspension,I'm use to ride of Harleys and dual sports.Mostly dual sport nowadays.
Hardtails most of em,sounds like uncomfortable ride,seems what I am reading,that most newbies to e bikes,have not bee on regular bicycles for years.Why no rear suspension?
The former owner of Bell and Carlson ,lives a few miles from me,he makes the Moon Saddle for bikes, would that work on an e bike?

Thinking about aquiring an 2wd e bike.I read lots of pro's on e-bikes, not much disscusion about the ride or suspension,I'm use to ride of Harleys and dual sports.Mostly dual sport nowadays.
Hardtails most of em,sounds like uncomfortable ride,seems what I am reading,that most newbies to e bikes,have not bee on regular bicycles for years.Why no rear suspension?
The former owner of Bell and Carlson ,lives a few miles from me,he makes the Moon Saddle for bikes, would that work on an e bike?
My Bakcou storm has great suspension

The original argument the government made against motorized vehicles in wilderness and other restricted land was against the combustion engine, not tires on the ground. Guides horses and livestock over a 1000lbs that graze under lease do more damage to terrain and trails than my 55lbs bike with me riding on it does...

You are all missing the real opportunity here with the new lazy man's access... I picked up a passenger drone this last year to get back in there. As long as I don't touch down when my partner drops me off, I'm good to go and no way to say I degraded the land at all. Pretty sweet deal for $495k. Pricey, but worth it to easily get away from the crowds.

Here in the "wild west" most of the land is BLM territory and e-bikes are OK everywhere except Federal Wilderness Areas. There its hoofing it, either your own "hoofs" or horses, goats or llamas, but NO e-bikes ore even pedaled mountain bikes!
This is only a true statement if you count all the BLM ground in AK. But, no one is biking the swampy tussocks of AK with an e-bike. The feds may allow it on their ground but states may further regulate what is legal during hunting season. Here in MT, they close gates to many roads come hunting season to motorized traffic. E-bikes fall into that category.