Electric Tracked Wheelchair

If someone needs one of those to get into the hunting areas....there should be areas where 'they' have to hunt...no 'bipedal' hunters allowed.....
Not sure what you mean by that. There are areas here for disabled hunters (blinds aready setup and reserved) etc. that able bodied hunters cannot use - except to help out.
If they are wheelchair bound I have no problem with them hunting, 'hiking', or fishing anywhere on public lands, including wilderness areas using tracked wheelchairs. Obviously they should have some means of getting back safely, even if that is only a sat phone and a specified return to vehicle deadline.

I didnt read the link you provided
Do they have to stay on designated trails? Motorized vehicles ( including electric ones/bikes) must stay on marked/designated trails so they don't tear up the ground/vegetation here in CO-- I wonder if the tracked wheelchairs would be exempt from this rule or not

Gday
Pretty simple to me why

It's just like youth hunting

we should have youth areas & or seasons & disabled areas are just the next step imo

Here's a bit of what I've seen over the years till today & for the better not worse imo .
in Tassie ( my home state in Australia ) we have some great areas set aside for youth & disabled anglers for them to enjoy what some of us take for granted people can do / go @ various other locations they wouldn't be able to gain access to & the easy access areas that have been opened up for them originally to get too yet you get the able body ones or seasoned people flog the water to death just to say they got one or big note theirselves & it's why now we have areas set aside specifically for them due to the greed of other's thinking of nothing but their self & still dosent stop some thinking it's their right as it's public land & in all reality it is public so that is true but just like anything bag limits or tag quotas need to be implemented or eventually we all loose
( forget some of the stupid over governed or unknown practices of wildlife management as that's a whole new ball game & not @ the heart of my thinking on youth & disabled here )

Personally I think that's great for the kids & disabled people
But obviously some have the thought that they have the right to fish these designated areas & sneak in @ different times

shame on those imo

I feel strongly about allowing a little bit for the future generations to come .
I've set aside certain areas ( actually signed off from our government department on a special property permit & I was the first in Tasmania to have this permit granted ) for the youth or new to the sport of hunting on my hunting property & disabled also come in here for which I didn't want to segregate them into groups as they are one to me but my permit required it to be a little more specific of new hunters to the sport & nothing else ,
all of my hunters have no problem with setting aside certain areas ( prime I may add ) for the big picture

But not every hunter on my property has had the same understanding of what's important as me & the other families that hunt on my property have
& that's why they no longer have a key to the front gate

So locking abled body people out of certain areas so those people get to have the same feelings as we do is one that I think is wonderful & good on the people who make these areas safe & enjoyable for those to participate in what we take for granted

Just how I look @ the reason why
Not pointing a finger @ anyone just answering the question on why & how I personally look @ it

Cheers

If someone needs one of those to get into the hunting areas....there should be areas where 'they' have to hunt...no 'bipedal' hunters allowed.....
Mm. I agree.
When those people who need that to get in…and out…of the hunting areas and fall or slip…especially in area with no reception…may there be no bipedal hunters around….

I didnt read the link you provided
Do they have to stay on designated trails? Motorized vehicles ( including electric ones/bikes) must stay on marked/designated trails so they don't tear up the ground/vegetation here in CO-- I wonder if the tracked wheelchairs would be exempt from this rule or not
It is a state park and they provide the wheelchairs free, which can be used on 'designated trails'. We rock climb in the area and there are spectacular vertical quartzite cliffs that draw climbers from all over. There are also large crevices overgrown by vegetation that the unwary could step into and fall a long ways. We saw a couple of elderly tourists taking photos near the bluff and advised them to return to the trail the exactly way they came in (after I told the guy to take one more step back for a better picture ;)
Anyway, it is probably a good idea to keep people on the trails there since it is a pretty small area and, obviously, heavily trafficked by tracked chairs. That being said, if there was a disabled climber requiring a wheelchair and not using their chairs, the rangers probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
The other feature that park is the large herd of bison that roam freely on the upper plains. There are trails into the upper area and bison can be very aggressive. People will do stupid things though, wheelchair or not.

I'm against any further division. I am disabled, but not in a wheelchair yet, although I could get one. so why should that give me access to a special area? you will just see more people not required to have one but end up getting one, a track chair I mean.

If there is an area set aside for 'disabled hunters' that really need a chair like this..they don't need the extra competition from able bodied hunters...it doesn't have to be something/anything that able bodied have a chance to hunt.....out here there is a huge tract of land that is watched over by the feds....INL land is closed to all hunting.....but a great place to allow severely handicapped to hunt....wouldn't infringe on any able bodied or handicapped hunters 'rights' to hunt......there are all kinds of places like this throughout the US....state parks could be another......

I don't have one. but have looked at them....Spendy Devils.

I'm about more access for everyone....and with more realization we may have to interact with others.

Having watched the divide and conquer work pretty effectively, adding disability to the list just hurts the future.