What's your favorite Hot Rod?

Amazing.

I would like to have my own vehicle sometimes to just drive around.
My boss is excellent, and allows me unlimited use of my company truck, but its new, and no real personality.

I enjoy watching TV show called Lost Car Rescue, and they use an old Power Wagon on it, its really cool.

View attachment 511375
There is a guy here in town that has one almost exactly like that but with out the wrecker stuff in the bed. His has the full Cummins conversion.

I think some of you guys might like this one, it's a friend of mine mine's car.
1965 Ford Fairlane.

Attachments

• 2E8F4C8E-4227-4D2A-A12E-5728B21B406E.jpeg
    2E8F4C8E-4227-4D2A-A12E-5728B21B406E.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 13
I have a 68 Camaro that I've been working on slowly for years. I got it on ebay drove it back from California about 20 years ago with 4.11 gears and all. I rebuilt the motor and then took it all apart to replace the subframe. Life, divorce, kid's college, and lots of other competition for time and resources. Now that my son is out of school I will get started on it again. It has a 355 sbc, big cam, dart heads, 4spd muncie. If the 15 years in the garage hurt the motor at all, I'll likely go LS/tremec.

I have a 68 Camaro that I've been working on slowly for years. I got it on ebay drove it back from California about 20 years ago with 4.11 gears and all. I rebuilt the motor and then took it all apart to replace the subframe. Life, divorce, kid's college, and lots of other competition for time and resources. Now that my son is out of school I will get started on it again. It has a 355 sbc, big cam, dart heads, 4spd muncie. If the 15 years in the garage hurt the motor at all, I'll likely go LS/tremec.
Just pre-oil it by removing the distributor and using the extension and a drill to lube the engine. The worst thing is the cylinders are still dry.

Yep preoil and bring pressure up with a extended priming rod and electric drill.
You can order it from summit or jegs

Just pre-oil it by removing the distributor and using the extension and a drill to lube the engine. The worst thing is the cylinders are still dry.
Thank you, for sure....I did that for initial startup. I put transmission fluid in the cylinders when I realized it was going to be awhile, will do more before startup too (spinning over with plugs out). I'm most worried about rear seal leak, lifters that fail, or valves that don't settle in.

Thank you, for sure....I did that for initial startup. I put transmission fluid in the cylinders when I realized it was going to be awhile, will do more before startup too (spinning over with plugs out). I'm most worried about rear seal leak, lifters that fail, or valves that don't settle in.
Hopefully thr seals didn't dry out or stick, but none of that should happen? There is oil for the lifters and that resupplies the oil for them. That will also require them to move also. Sitting static might not refill them? Just cutting off coil power and spin the motor. Or you could remove the valve covers and pour oil into the lifter galley as you might not be able pour down the lifter rods.

Recent Posts