Your favorite hunting stock?

jonj

Hello gents,

I was wondering if you could share your opinions on what´s your favorite/most comfortable stock for a light weight hunting rifle. I want to replace the factory stock of a Savage rifle in 7mm-08. It will be used for both deer and fox hunting in open landscape so most shoots will be prone but still it must be comfortable to shoot offhand as well if I go abroad to Sweden for moose hunting. Most shots will be from 100-300 meters, quite short ranges compared to what many here are hunting. Since I live in Iceland I don´t have the chance to try out many stock patterns but the factory stock I like the most is the Sako 75 stock. I also find the thought of a thumbhole stock appealing but I´ve never tryed one so opinions on them as others would be greatly appreciated.

jonj

I just got my Mcmillan Lazzeroni sporter stock and it is awesome. It shoulders like a high grade O/U shotgun! It is not what I would call super light weight but it's not heavy either.

Every possible thing to reduce recoil has been thought of and integrated into the design.

Worth a look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yep, the Lazzeroni does indeed look very nice. Only problem is that it´s not available for Savage actions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Jon are you sure the Lazz isnt made for Savages? I'm pretty sure any stock that works for the Rem 700 can be inleted for Savages. The HTG is a very good choice also.

Charles you are probably right, I looked back on their website and there it says the Lazzeroni is available for Remington STYLE actions. Must admit though I dont know if the Savage action is classed as a Remington style action or not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Anyone care to educate me...

I recieved my Lazzeroni stock last week after a five month wait. My buyers remorse vanished when I removed it from the wrapper. If they inlet for savage, I can't recommend this stock enough. (wait was due to them bedding the barrelled action)

Wade

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.