What would be a fair price?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by damatheny, Jun 13, 2002.

1. damatheny

damatheny Member

I have a Remington stainless BDL in 338 RUM with Vais muzzle break, and Leupold 3.5-10x50 scope. Has had 60 rounds through it. If I remember right, the total for all was about $1325 new. I hate to sell it, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. So what would be a fair price to ask?

Dave

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Sorry, it looks like were stumped on this one!

I personally don't know as I have most of my rifle custom built. First this I do is figure what the action is worth and then the value of the optics if they're interesting to me in a long range arena.

What you have is a complete hunting rifle which is probably too good to strip for parts. A wild guess from me would be in the $925 to $1000 dollar range (I don't have a clue what a VIAS brake is worth or what the installation price would be).

3. damatheny

damatheny Member

Thanks Dave for the reply, I was starting to wonder if I was posting a illegal question. On finding my receipts the BDL was $680, scope was $470 and the Vais break was $175 installed.

Dave M.

4. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

I would say the rifle with the brake in like new condition would get 600 to 700 and the scope 300 to 350 from someone out there. I think sometimes we eat it quite a bit on buying NEW.