What would you do??

Cinchy

I ordered a custom Long Range rifle, it was supposed to come with a tan & black stock. The rifle came with a black & gray stock, WTH?? The fit & finish on the rifle is great everything looks as it should. Would you just keep the rifle & shoot it & be happy or would you insist they make the mistake right?? I hate like heck to have to send the rifle back & give UPS another shot at damaging it! I called as soon as I unboxed the rifle, now waiting on a return call. I hope they have some agreeable options for me!!

Make them aware of their mistake. If they'll fix it for free, go for it, if you're not in a time constraint, if you prefer the brown stock. If not, see if they'll discount you for screwing up your order. Worth a shot...

If you can put up with the black stock, and it looks good, I'm with you on avoiding UPS at all costs. See if the company will refund some of your money or hook you up with something for their mistake to avoid shipping it.

Make them aware of their mistake. If they'll fix it for free, go for it, if you're not in a time constraint, if you prefer the brown stock. If not, see if they'll discount you for screwing up your order. Worth a shot...

If you can put up with the black stock, and it looks good, I'm with you on avoiding UPS at all costs. See if the company will refund some of your money or hook you up with something for their mistake to avoid shipping it.
I am actually thinking along those exact lines MudRunner 2005 I have the time, but maybe not enough patience? LOL

OMG! This happened with one of my Coopers. I had waited 7 months for the rifle and they used a AAA French Walnut stock blank instead of the AAA+ Walnut one I picked. I did send it back and they resolved it in 4 weeks but I was rather ticked off.

I don't know. If you can get yourself to like it, I'm not sure I'd send it back. I'd say it would depend on the wait to get it fixed. If you do keep it, you are due some compensation for the mix-up in my opinion. I'm thinking a 5 to 10% discount might be in order?

I originally wanted a custom stock color, & they told me there might be an additional 4-5 weeks wait for that color, so I told them just go ahead with the standard tan & black. I actually did not know they had a black & gray listed, so no mistakes on my end! Ideally if their stocks are more or less drop in, sending the correct stock would suit me fine. It may need there custom touch though, hopefully I`ll find out more Monday.

I ordered a custom Long Range rifle, it was supposed to come with a tan & black stock. The rifle came with a black & gray stock, WTH?? The fit & finish on the rifle is great everything looks as it should. Would you just keep the rifle & shoot it & be happy or would you insist they make the mistake right?? I hate like heck to have to send the rifle back & give UPS another shot at damaging it! I called as soon as I unboxed the rifle, now waiting on a return call. I hope they have some agreeable options for me!!
Give them a chance to make it right. Who knows, maybe the black and gray will grow on you. If they tell you to stick it, paint jobs aren't that expensive. You should be able to just send the stock back and not the whole rifle.

Personally, I'd just keep it as it is if the fit and finish is good. My rifles aren't built as safe queens and stock color doesn't make much difference to me. Not knocking anyone else's views.

My son commented at least you can see it if you lay it on, dry grass while field dressing? I said yes but harder to find if your field dressing after dark! lol

Last edited:
Being a person who won't send a meal back if they got it wrong, I'd probably keep it and when I couldn't take it anymore, paint it myself. But I'm am a "I can't do that" kinda guy. I would probably be happier I get to paint it as I like.....but I'm not normal

I originally wanted a custom stock color, & they told me there might be an additional 4-5 weeks wait for that color, so I told them just go ahead with the standard tan & black. I actually did not know they had a black & gray listed, so no mistakes on my end! Ideally if their stocks are more or less drop in, sending the correct stock would suit me fine. It may need there custom touch though, hopefully I`ll find out more Monday.

Well, there was a related thread about what the appropriate course of action is in this type of scenario would be and I believe they should have a chance to make it right. I can tell you what I'd do if I owned the rifle company. I'd send you the tan & black stock and tell you to just keep the other one for your trouble. It just plain makes business sense. They might be out a few hundred bucks (if that) and you would be happy and tell every body about it. Win-Win.

Being a person who won't send a meal back if they got it wrong, I'd probably keep it and when I couldn't take it anymore, paint it myself. But I'm am a "I can't do that" kinda guy. I would probably be happier I get to paint it as I like.....but I'm not normal
I don't send food back either...But that's for a different reason... You seen what those people will do to your food if you **** them off? Yeah, I'll just eat the wrong food.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts