What's would be your "DREAM HUNT" ?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by ol mike, Jun 22, 2008.

1. ol mike

ol mike Well-Known Member

What would be your dream hunt -if you could go anywhere in the world and hunt one or two species of animal ?

And what would be your dream rifle of choice for that hunt ?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine would be a predator calling trip to africa for hyena and blackback jackal.

I'd use my 25-06 rem. 700 for sentimental reasons -had it since 1979.

A two week long float-trip in alaska or NWT would be great to...neither one too far fetched i don't guess.

2. jimbo300

jimbo300 Well-Known Member

Dream Hunt

Stone sheep in British Columbia, combined with Mtn. Caribou. Actually while we're dreaming here, might as well through Moose and make it a 21 day affair.:D

3. Flybuster

Flybuster Well-Known Member

Mike an african predator hunt would be cool, when are we going?

I think some type of big cat would be cool, maybe a high mountain hound hunt for cougars. Throw in a couple of wolf tags.

You know what rifle I'd bring, my 25-06A.I.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  4. Willys46

Willys46 Well-Known Member

Dream

High country Mule Deer hunt for a 30 incher. Then followed up with a moose. Of course I would have to be hunting with my Dad and brother to share it with.

But if i can kill one animal in my life..it would be a typical 30 inch mule Deer.

Willys

5. gamedog

gamedog Well-Known Member

Coastal Brown in Alaska:cool:

6. sniperVLS

sniperVLS Well-Known Member

I'm with gamedog, give me a brownie hunt in Alaska. I'd be carrying Shawn Carlock, well in a way anyways lol. I'd want to have a lighter .338 edge accompanying me :)

7. dogdinger

dogdinger Writers Guild

dream hunt....

Argali rams in the mtns of mongolia.....hell while im dreaming just make it a "world slam"....all the species of wild sheep...i have a friend who has only one sheep to get to fill this quest....id prob be shooting something like a 7AM.....while im dreaming, throw in jennifer anniston to handle the camp "chores"....AJ

8. horstie

horstie Member

Dream Hunt

My dream hunt would be a wide racked whitetail (20 inches plus) and or a healthy (500 lbs.) black bear @ long range
    with my 7rm or better yet a custom .260 in my new home state of NC.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  9. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Africa, for Cape Buffalo, Hippo, Crocodile.
    Rifle I already own. I have a 416 Rigby from Dakota.

10. Coues Sniper

Coues Sniper Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Coues deer nut but I'm lucky enough to get to hunt them pretty regular... So I'd have to say my dream hunt would be a Marco Polo ram. And while we're dreaming, I'd like to shoot him last day, at about 850 yards, with a brand new completely tricked out 7mm AM :D.

11. JPRITT

JPRITT Well-Known Member

My dream hunt would be off to alaska to hunt a boone and crocket caribou at long range of course and then change camo and be off to the high mountains of afganistan. Where I could fill my Al Qaeda tag from long range. Not sure how I would judge a boone and crocket Al Qaeda but I would figure something out :)

12. drbobc

drbobc Well-Known Member

I would love to go to Africa or someplace with really large animals so I could use my collection of weatherby rifles to their full extent. Would make all I have done worthwhile indeed. Course I would take a good camera also so I could photographically shoot as well.

bob chronister

13. Dskiper

Dskiper Well-Known Member

Dream hunt

Northwest Territories on a hunt for mountain caribou&trophy moose.this would be in the Makenze Mts.Use of a .300Weatherby&180gr.nosler partitions.Oh yes,this would be on horseback&my hunting buddy with me!I wish!!! Dskiper

14. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

BTDT

Rifle - 7AM by Kirby Allen

[​IMG]

Bullet - 200 grain HP RBBT Wildcat by Richard Graves

[​IMG]

Elk - 6X6 at 968 yards courtesy of State of Idaho Fish and Game and my Dad who taught me that hard work and integrity are the most important ingredients to success.

[​IMG]