what kind of muzzle brake

pressman

i am planning a custom 260 build. I know most of you put brakes on bigger calibers than 260 but i want to be able to see hits through my scope even at 200 yards.
my buddy put one on a 243 and you can watch dogs just explode through his scope which is nice when you are shooting by yourself. i do not have any experience with a muzzle brake at all i have only shot one gun with a muzzle brake. ( the 243). However i do know that the guys on here seem to have a lot of experience so i am asking for some help. My 260 should weigh about 9-11 lbs when finished. also just as a kicker i think i want a 26"+ barrel length but i was told 22" is all you need. not really sure about that.
i will try to shoot paper out to 1000 yards.

thanks guys:rolleyes:

It might be an idea for you to contact Shawn Carlock at Defensive Edge, his brakes are awsome, and he also shoots a 260.

pressman

I have a 260 in the works right know and I am haveing it breaked for the same reasons you are. I am using Kirby Allens break.

But there are about 10 diffrent riflesmiths on here who all offer a break and they are all good. If I were you I would look at my time line and see how long I am willing to be with out my rifle as some of these guys have quite a long waitng list.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.