What kind of Sling do you use?

I slide buckle on my safari to shortest and put over one shoulder at times, with gun in right hand level Othertimes gun bearer don't bring sling no need Packing or meat out just strap to my exo, has two straps on each side My small 6.5 fits in scope pocket of 2000 or 3500 exo
You gave me an idea to try, before I give up on safari.
I'll buy a slide buckle, cut the original safari buckle out, and replace. geez that was easy lol

I have a 1/2 dozen Safari slings, all slide easy when not on with weight of rifle.Mine older most black with gray rubber stripe.My older all cloth also slide easy.I shorten all mine when travel in my jeeps upright rifle mount,to roll cage with a small quick fist

Butler Creek over the shoulder even with pack on. Only time strapped to pack is hiking in dark or when not hunting.

I use Montana Slings and McMurray Leather for most of my deer hunting. However, for spot and stalk and backpack style hunts out west, I use a wide, rubber sling that can be split over my shoulder like a backpack that is extremely comfortable. It's not traditional but I really like it, as the rifle doesn't slip off my shoulder.

Definitely Montana slings. I get the long, 1 1/4" version cause I'm a bigger guy and carry cross shoulder. IMO, the best, or certainly one of the best slings made. I used Brownells "quick fire" for years, but found I couldn't quite get them long enough for cross shoulder carry, but other than that, they are as good, and perhaps a bit better than the Montana.

Heh, I have 100's of hikes in dark in grizz country.In fresh snow Ive seen where they steped off trail to let me pass.I now have a tact light on my front bipod rail.Also flip light on and scan basins for eyes before I cross.

I went completely old school with just a simple leather sling for my old M70. I only sling it when I've stopped to glass..

Did 14 mountain miles one day this year with near 3000 vert both ways Nice to have sling Found out that is past my max for my age

Attachments

• 4D5156C4-04A7-40F7-BEC2-425CEBA12B33.jpeg
    4D5156C4-04A7-40F7-BEC2-425CEBA12B33.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • B965754F-D755-4B90-8A90-4CD1A189259C.jpeg
    B965754F-D755-4B90-8A90-4CD1A189259C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 48
A Browning fast adjust sling that can be used as a "biathlon-type" sling with two shoulder straps.
Here it is on my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro. (Helle GT sheath knife)
RIFLE.jpeg

I bought one Safari sling, and got rid of all of my others. It is the most comfortable. Adjusted correctly, the rifle sits in your hand as if there wasn't a sling, but without the weight. Easy to make a quick shot if the need arises. The swivels are just unnecessary weight and noise, so now I make my own slings (with a Speedy Stitcher Awl) and use boot laces to tie the sling to the studs. If I have a barrel heavy rifle, I make a loop that fits over the barrel so the rifle sits level. If you stop and glass a lot, a sling is essential.