What kind of rifle case do you use?

trader388

Trying to find a good rifle hard case and soft case for my rig. I have a sendero with with an nightforce NXS 3.5-15x56 on it. In the future I may put on a longer barrel. I figure the case has to be at least 52" long.

I have heard of cases made out of cordura are good.

No complaints with my Pelican,it's been on a couple a flights and worked well. Got those handy little wheels also. Found a sharp electric knife does a great job of cutting the foam.

Len

I've bought them direct from Brock at Starlight. Recently there was a apparently a deal between Starlight and Sam's Club that went to hell in a hand basket and final outcome was apparently that Starlight was not pleased. Sam's had them for prices below $100.00 but with less than premium foam. Brock is a good guy and makes a good product, I'd try calling direct to him and getting the premium foam at the same time.

Len,
A guy on Sniper's Hide is selling them for $90+ shipping, might want to check them out.
Wayne

Sniper's Hide

[ 06-04-2004: Message edited by: Wayne McD ]

I did a search on ebay and a number of them are selling for 80. Maybe they are from sam's club with crap foam???

I bought two starlights. One from Starlight directly and one from Sam's ($89). The foam is the same in both. I'm totally happy with them. The latches on both are super tight and tough to open. I had to shave them down a bit so I could open them without a tool.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.