What kind of Sling do you use?

I have some military, some Montanas, and a couple I made myself. If I can get a rifle up into a "hasty sling" position, that is what I need a sling for, and some over the shoulder carry.

I've learned house my sling and Quick stiX equipped hiking pole shooting sticks. With the sling properly tensioned the shooting sticks are even more stable. You will see guys in PRS competitions using a sling in a similar style.

Hiking in the dark and gun on pack! Hmmmmmm.....and when do all the 2 legged and 4 legged predators travel?😉
I hear and understand your thoughts. I don't worry about predators that will eat me. Nope don't carry bear spray when hunting in grizzly country.
I have never heard of hunters being attacked and harmed by humans hiking in to a hunting area in the dark.
I may pay a price one day and it will suck for sure. I am a free spirit from the 60's who is not as old as them. Lol

I hear and understand your thoughts. I don't worry about predators that will eat me. Nope don't carry bear spray when hunting in grizzly country.
I have never heard of hunters being attacked and harmed by humans hiking in to a hunting area in the dark.
I may pay a price one day and it will suck for sure. I am a free spirit from the 60's who is not as old as them. Lol
Never heard of "DELIVERANCE" ( The movie not Salvation)....😉

Never heard of "DELIVERANCE" ( The movie not Salvation)....😉
Oh you got me, you win, now I'll have nightmares. HELLO..No...just cancelled my May drift boat trip down the John Day. I'm trading in my 338 on a pack of Mastiff's and maybe start golfing. Haha

I use a Vorn deer pack, I don't use it like you see in the video, I have a short piece of nylon strap attached to the front sling swivel and have it over my right shoulder so I grab it with my left hand and pull the release with my right hand. After practicing I can have the rifle ready as fast if not faster than with a sling.