What is your guess?

I wonder what the end weight and performance would be at this bore/weight ratio with something like an esp raptor nose profile. Seems like the cutting edge esp and safari bullets when driven quick in light for caliber get decent reviews.

But 137.... that's light and short.

At the distances we can shoot here the velocity helps more than the BC and the lighter monos allow more speed but still get penetration. I tried some 200 gr Raptors but I didn't get the speed like the lighter monos.
I think the Buck Hammer may do the same thing in a .358 round and finding out is half the fun.

Oh for sure on the trajectory side of things.

Mine was more a question of on game performance, seems like about a decade ago when Africa was more of a thing. There was considerable study on developing very specific meplat design. Seems like most of it hovered around the .4-.5 diameter bullets. Also had a few heavy .375 pills in solids from cutting edge, wodleigh and even nosler made a few wide meplat mono bullets.

I was curious if the tip scaled down to stuf like this? Would the geometry of say a cutting edge 458 safari raptor scale to 358 for this 350 buckhammer work?

I think it would. If I understand correctly it's the idea that a flat meplat transfers energy better. That's the basic idea the Hammers and even WFN cast bullets use. Of course I would assume the meplat for the Buck Hammer could be larger because of the type of game it is intended for. It's easier to shoot through a deer then it is a Cape Buffalo.

Well good, then buying the ruger profits us both, someone said buy what you know so ruger makes up most my meager portfolio. Didn't realize punctuation was partisan, when I "whent" to school literacy was fairly bipartisan. Learn something new everyday.
I've got no beef with either of you and try to stay upbeat with my replies. That said, "I" have read that George SOROS owns stock in Ruger. Anybody know for sure if this is true? He "seems" to be playing us for fools if true.

I've got no beef with either of you and try to stay upbeat with my replies. That said, "I" have read that George SOROS owns stock in Ruger. Anybody know for sure if this is true? He "seems" to be playing us for fools if true.
A lot of so called gun control nuts probably own stock in firearms and ammo manufacturers, it's a commodity that does trade positive for the majority of those manufacturers.

He really needs to invest in Maybelline, he's an ugly sob.

Well, back to Darryle's original posting, I look forward to trying the new cartridge out when it becomes available. Of course the way they some of the manufacturer's kick off new products that could be a year or two. I do know one thing, when it comes time to play with this new cartridge I will buy a lifetime supply of brass from the get-go. Manufacturers don't seem to support their customers like they have in the past so I will make sure I am set regardless of the cartridges success or ability of the manufacturers to keep up with supply.

Most all gun manufactering has whent down by 20 percent in the last few months including remington p.s I am a share holder of ruger dumm aXXXX and I dont need a english lesson from a democrat like you.
This is not a political forum so political slams aimed at people or ideas that they may have are out of line. :mad:

Left Hand Dave

My off the cuff reaction was not enthusiasm. The more I think about it, the platforms it's released in will be what decides this one for me. What we know about it has me less than excited, but throw a stainless 336 in guide gun configuration out in 360.... and I'm in. Still wouldn't really need one, but that platform could win me over.

My tinfoil hat never really fit, even so that fellow seems like a bad egg. With that in mind he's about 60 years older than me. I've been buying ruger stock since about when it went public. My portfolio isn't vast, well educated or very diverse but each year I increase the amount of rgr in it. Guessing he taps out of this mortal coil long before I do, and I'll just keep adding rgr....

This is not a political forum so political slams aimed at people or ideas that they may have are out of line. :mad:

Eh, it's just words on the internet. Sadly the ad hominem attack lands on either side of the aisle. Don't wanna engage on the idea front.... just call them a democrat. My feelers weren't hurt, it's just words on the internet.

Comfisherman,
I would have to agree about the Henery but then I am a Marlin lover when it comes to lever actions. There are some others I would love to have but can't afford. A Guide Gun would be sweet of course so would a SBL, 360 Dark or even a plain old 336. Guess it will be wait and see. I might shoot Ruger/Marlin an email and see what they say.

I heard the same thing years ago but it was Remington. My guess is he owns stock in companies he doesn't even know about. People like that will do anything to be more powerful. If you had a list of everything he invests in and didn't buy it because of that, my guess is you wouldn't have much left to buy.

Well good, then buying the ruger profits us both, someone said buy what you know so ruger makes up most my meager portfolio. Didn't realize punctuation was partisan, when I "whent" to school literacy was fairly bipartisan. Learn something new everyday.
I don't think punctuation is partisan. It's more like gender- period.

Comfisherman,
I would have to agree about the Henery but then I am a Marlin lover when it comes to lever actions. There are some others I would love to have but can't afford. A Guide Gun would be sweet of course so would a SBL, 360 Dark or even a plain old 336. Guess it will be wait and see. I might shoot Ruger/Marlin an email and see what they say.

Man Henry is one of those companies I love the ethos of, it's just been harder to adopt the actual product. Few years back local box store had them on a pretty good sale so I bought a few. One worked really well, the other had some kinda eye dropping missed qc. They were great to work with fixing it, but it was kinda a big miss. Every time I handle one it leaves me feeling a bit... how shall we say.... Rossi-ish. I'm pulling for them as a whole, love the ceo and his ethos. Just not quite there yet.

Young man that I hunt with when I forget how much someone 18 years younger can walk finally got a ruger marlin in 45-70. Played with it the other day, and it's a very well though out and what appears to be well made piece of stainless. If they continue that trend into other lineups like the 1894 and 336 they will likely get my money.

Big red can do some cool stuff with its vertical integration, wouldn't shock me one but if they spring something on us next week.