Votes: 27 8.9%
  • >20 <25 ft lbs - medium rare

Votes: 73 24.2%
  • >25 <30 ft lbs - flexing in mirror

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • >30 ft lbs - rare and slightly moving OK

Votes: 140 46.4%

• Total voters
I can agree on that one. No suppressor experience but I think I'm more likely to flinch from the massive blast in my face from an aggressive brake than I am from getting slammed in the shoulder hard. I find that pressure wave distinctly hard to shoot well with on guns with those tank style brakes. I try to keep both eyes open for the whole "firing event" and it's really hard to do that with those aforementioned aggressive tank style brakes in conjunction with bigger cartridges generating lots of gas volume. Can feel the pressure wave hit your face. No thank you.
If you can get a suppressor do it! Makes shooting sooo much more enjoyable lol.

If you can get a suppressor do it! Makes shooting sooo much more enjoyable lol.
I'm in Canada. So….🤣

Doesn't help that I forget my dang earplugs half the time.

I can tell you from last time I went shooting…touching off just 20-30 rounds of .257 weatherby for load development purposes with no plugs BETWEEN TWO BUILDINGS close together on the farmyard (only place I found to shoot that wasn't pure mud) that send that sound right back at you a second time with no hearing protection is a headache and some ringing ears…

HUH?

"It's loud"

WHAT CROWD?

"Loud!!!l"

"Oh yes, the snow has been plowed…"

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Make it come in at 7 lbs. no break. Load yourself up a 180 accubond over an even 100 grains of RL25. That should push your recoil limit to its max.
I mean, I fired a 6 pound 30-06 for 67rounds and my shoulder was bleeding. I kinda like the recoil I think. I've never been one to shy away from guns that pound.

The 30mm GAU rifle apparently had too much recoil and was abandoned for stinger missiles. 😂 too bad YouTube wasn't around back then!

I mean, I fired a 6 pound 30-06 for 67rounds and my shoulder was bleeding. I kinda like the recoil I think. I've never been one to shy away from guns that pound.
I ran a bunch through my Garand yesterday, at the time I didn't even feel any kick because that rifle is just a flat out hoot and I love it. Iron sights ringing plate at 100 yards, feels like America (and our UK/Canadian allies) are the CHAMPs again!

Took my shirt off last night and the bruise was turning purple already.... 🤣