What is your favorite make of brass you reload and why?

I have always liked the Nosler brass the best, it was my standard for my 300 win mag When I reloaded for a Savage. These days as far as favorite it is what I can get a hold of, I trim it if required and do all my other prep work. Hornady for 6.5 Creedmoor I have had good luck with and also for my 338 win mag. Slim pickens these days I could not find any 375 Ruger a gent for Alaska sold me some used until I could lay a hold of some buffalo bore and Hornady ammo. My current 300 win mag a BAR just beats up the brass too much I am going to go back to a bolt gun.
Ah yes the perks of a tight fitting front locking bolt action…brass life!!!!

I've never actually owned a semi auto centerfire rifle. The hardest on brass I've loaded for is my savage 99 .243 and an old enfield .303 British. Pretty sure the latter had little to do with a rear locking action and more to do with those old military chambers having tolerances set with filthy ammunition in rough conditions in mind.

I generally stick with Starline for all my straight wall cases (45-70, 50-70, 40-65, 50-90, handgun, etc.). For 5.56 and 7.62 its once fired lake city. For my precision rifle setups, I find brass I like and stick with one brand and try to have a uniform number of shots through them. Example, if my 28 nosler likes nosler brass, thats what I try to stay as exclusive to that as possible.

Ah yes the perks of a tight fitting front locking bolt action…brass life!!!!

I've never actually owned a semi auto centerfire rifle. The hardest on brass I've loaded for is my savage 99 .243 and an old enfield .303 British. Pretty sure the latter had little to do with a rear locking action and more to do with those old military chambers having tolerances set with filthy ammunition in rough conditions in mind.
After my experience with the BAR that will be my last one, when I sell it, will be back to all bolt guns. The good hunting ammunition now is approach $100.00 per box for all my calibers except my 6.5.

I'm stuck with Winchester as in the brass from the 70's. I've reloaded their super-x for 264wm up to 20 times. No cracks or splits. Other cartridges I use a lot of Starline (mostly pistol in the semi variety). Maybe I'm just lucky or just not picky! Stay away from Jag! 10mm brass is horrible!

I'm stuck with Winchester as in the brass from the 70's. I've reloaded their super-x for 264wm up to 20 times. No cracks or splits. Other cartridges I use a lot of Starline (mostly pistol in the semi variety). Maybe I'm just lucky or just not picky! Stay away from Jag! 10mm brass is horrible!
I wish the new Winchester brass was 1/2 as good as the older Winchester brass.
I still have some Winchester 300 H&H shot one time brass that I expect will last many loadings.
New Winchester brass in 300 win mag had 1/2 of the bag that the primer pockets were brand new and would not hold a primer as they would just fall out.Never again

I still have some Winchester 300 H&H shot one time brass that I expect will last many loadings.
New Winchester brass in 300 win mag had 1/2 of the bag that the primer pockets were brand new and would not hold a primer as they would just fall out.Never again
Yeah I have some older brass for 270 and .300 win that is just great…for me the newer stuff in a few different calibers had neck splits like nobody's business

I use Lapua in my hunting rifles and Starline for everything else. When I buy a new hunting rifle I order enough brass to last the rifles lifetime when it becomes available. Starline is good brass and if you watch the website most everything comes available without to much of a wait. If you follow them on Facebook and post what your looking for they will reply to you when it available to order so you get a notification. They just replied to my request for 30/30 brass 2 days ago and it will be delivered tomorrow..

Yeah I have some older brass for 270 and .300 win that is just great…for me the newer stuff in a few different calibers had neck splits like nobody's business

Yup, that Winchester in the blue bag worked great. New one in the red bag, not at all.

Recent Posts