What is your favorite make of brass you reload and why?

I use Lapua and Norma for the 6mm and 6.5mm respectively (Norma has large primer pocket). The only difference I see is that the Norma seems a bit harder. Tried Peterson in 6.5 and 338LM, not really impressive, especially neck wall consistency, and had a case neck split after 2 firings (no other splitting through 8 firings). All Lake City for 5.56 rounds.
I run fairly heavy loads and anneal all cases after each firing. Usually toss cases after 15-20 firings, or when the pockets get too loose. Norma pockets seem to hold up longest.
Criteria for case selection: Availability, neck wall consistency, dry and wet weight consistency, primer pockets holding up

Back in the late 60's and early 70's, Win and Rem were about the only choices and Win was by far the best. If you can find it, the old Win brass is still up in quality. Lately for 6mm BR and .260 AI, I choose Lapua and ADG. They have been so good I have not used other brass.

Nosler, has been great in my 7mag and 338 rum, weights are close, primer pockets great and flash hole good

I like bertram cause it is strong, but priming is tough
Nosler because it is good quality.
ADG because it is high quality, strong and has lasted in my 28 and 30-28 nosler for 4 firings so far with heavy loads

Well, my palate for brass is kind of like my palate for wine. Not very sophisticated. I have figured out that Hornady is like Mad Dog 20/20. I guess Starline is like Black Box and Lapua and Norma are like wine with an a actual cork.
These days, decent wine even comes in a 'screw-off' bottle. Not so easy to find new .257 Roberts brass....

Peterson and Lapua are top. I've heard good things about adg, it may even be better. But I have no experience and don't think I can readily obtain it in Canada. Peterson is my favourite. Best I can tell they're in no way inferior to lapua but less expensive and more available.

For cheaper brass I like Winchester IF it's older brass haha…the newer stuff (as in last decade) is brittle but the old stuff is very roomy and has tough primer pockets. My favourite for loads featuring big charges of slow powder under a long bullet seated deep into the case. More room.

I've been very pleasantly surprised by PPU brass in my .300 win. Not as tough or roomy as win BUT It's more consistent by a landslide than Winchester, Remington, federal, or hornady as far as weight and neck tension. Very good quality product, do not hesitate to buy it.

federal and hornady are the bottom of the barrel for me.

I find Nosler brass to be more weight consistent than Lapua, but I would use both.
I do as well. Nosler brass must be made by Norma because when I generate the AMP code to anneal, they are identical- at least in 300 RUM. Remington brass has a much lower code BTW. AMP says the codes are not linear but it sure seems softer brass has a lower code.

Last edited:
I have used Nosler brass since it was introduced to the market after eons of reloading with Remington and Winchester brass. Always had short case life with Winchester brass so I I only bought it when Remington wasn't available. After buying a 7mm RUM that changed. Although this particular caliber is the King of brass eater's I was able to get sub MOA groups by using Nosler brass weighed in close weight to each one I loaded. Would like to know what may be better and why or what are your experiences with Nosler brass?
I have always liked the Nosler brass the best, it was my standard for my 300 win mag When I reloaded for a Savage. These days as far as favorite it is what I can get a hold of, I trim it if required and do all my other prep work. Hornady for 6.5 Creedmoor I have had good luck with and also for my 338 win mag. Slim pickens these days I could not find any 375 Ruger a gent for Alaska sold me some used until I could lay a hold of some buffalo bore and Hornady ammo. My current 300 win mag a BAR just beats up the brass too much I am going to go back to a bolt gun.