What is your favorite make of brass you reload and why?

Lapua, adg, Peterson, alpha, nolser. I haven't used alpha or Peterson yet. I do have some Peterson 6.5 creedmoor brass in the reloading room. My adg 7mag brass primer pockets have been tough as hell, and the load is shooting so good I didn't think I could shoot that good at 600 yards. Lol so I try to stay with lapua and adg.

Lapua first choice for years in 308. I moved to a 708 barrel last fall, Lapua wasn't available. I have been very happy (and surprised) with the Privi Partisan (PPU) brass. Very consistent, works well and gives me bug holes. I'm on my 5 or 6 firing and the brass is still in very good shape. I won't hesitate to buy PPU again if Lapua is not around.

I've used Starline in my 6.5 Creedmoor but I I found huge amounts of variation in weight. I didn't think I had bad groups (.339) until I loaded Nosler and shot a 5 round group at .191 at 100 yards.
The Creedmore brass must not have the same QC as their .223 cases. I've weighed the .223 cases and have found them very close in weight. They are however much heavier in weight and care should be taken if you are using them for wildcat .17 loads. You can get into a dangerous pressure situation unless reduced loads are used.

Ah yes the perks of a tight fitting front locking bolt action…brass life!!!!

I've never actually owned a semi auto centerfire rifle. The hardest on brass I've loaded for is my savage 99 .243 and an old enfield .303 British. Pretty sure the latter had little to do with a rear locking action and more to do with those old military chambers having tolerances set with filthy ammunition in rough conditions in mind.
I had a .303 and worked with the brass. You can get different bolt heads to adjust head space, then fire form the brass. 1/2 teaspoon pistol powder, about 2 tablespoons corn meal and a little cotton on top. Put an 'o' ring just ahead of rim and that keeps brass against bolt. This will fire form front of brass. Factory accuracy accept is 5" to 7" 100. Fireform brings it down to 2"-3" or so.

Interesting. I've heard great things about Norma for consistency, neck tension, ajd now primer pockets. Too bad it's not as tough as lapua / Peterson / adg or they'd have the winner for sure.
I have heard 70% of recoil is the purchase the brass has on the chamber walls, 30% is held by the bolt. IF brass is too hard maybe it won't spring back to original diam. like it should. Just thinking out loud.