What 22cal would you build?

What 224 caliber would yall put together and why? What would the "build sheet" look like?

This rifle will be used to fling +70gr bullets into hogs and coyotes out to about 800yds. Coyotes will not be used for fur.

I have 1 223rem tikka and I really like it but it's pretty bland. Im thinking about building/putting together something a little faster in velocity and with a faster twist barrel for the higher BC bullets. I'm also tired of feeding retumbo and RL26 and magnum primers into my magnums just to kill hogs.

My father has a 220 swift.
Hunting partner has a 22-250
I had a 223ai but sold everything for it. I'm just looking for something more than a 223 and that doesn't need 70gr of powder.

I'm basically starting from scratch and looking for ideas.
Ultimate Build for me
Tuebor short action or Curtis
Kreiger 8 twist 24"
McMillan game scout
Jewel or TT diamond
Cut for 22 creed

What 224 caliber would yall put together and why? What would the "build sheet" look like?

This rifle will be used to fling +70gr bullets into hogs and coyotes out to about 800yds. Coyotes will not be used for fur.

I have 1 223rem tikka and I really like it but it's pretty bland. Im thinking about building/putting together something a little faster in velocity and with a faster twist barrel for the higher BC bullets. I'm also tired of feeding retumbo and RL26 and magnum primers into my magnums just to kill hogs.

I had a 223ai but sold everything for it. I'm just looking for something more than a 223 and that doesn't need 70gr of powder.

OK, I will be that odd man, "I" will not build a .22 cal anything because a hog at 800Y is in the mix, as I have other chamberings better suited for it. Find your best compromise of powder capacity you are willing to accept (i.e., 6/.25/6.5 CM capacity) and reverse engineer to determine the best bullet (type, construction, weight, etc.)-caliber/chambering-barrel combination that will deliver excellent terminal performance at POI (800Y) to harvest the hog humanely; but that's just me. Good luck!

I like fast 22 cals - way too much fun to shoot. My 22-250 AI is a 22" 1:8 twist and shoots the 88 ELDMs comfortably at 3150. The 22 Creed is a 22" 1:7.5 twist. Just bolted it all together last weekend so hoping to sneak to the range soon.

22-250 AI:
EFFDDCAE-AC66-416A-8DCC-191FDE2D98AD.jpeg

22 Creed:
3DF860A4-44D8-41D9-9689-F9CF4C8CE81E.jpeg

I'm looking for 5K
@ButterBean - I think we need to start thinking in Mach not fps! Mach 4 would be about right!😂

@DUCKMAN11 - 22-250AI is whispering in my ear right now and will have one by mid 2023 if all goes well. There is something about it that just gets me drooling!

@waspocrew - thanks for feeding my dream!

@ButterBean - I think we need to start thinking in Mach not fps! Mach 4 would be about right!😂

@DUCKMAN11 - 22-250AI is whispering in my ear right now and will have one by mid 2023 if all goes well. There is something about it that just gets me drooling!

@waspocrew - thanks for feeding my dream!
It should be interesting ;)

I just recently come across a 22-6mm,I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but have done a lot of reading up on it.It has a 1-9 twist and can handle 80 gr bullets pretty well Berger came out with a 85.5 gr bullet it may be too much for 1-9 but I think I'll still try it

I've never been a fan of seriously over-bore cartridges. For years I thought that the .224 Roy Magnum was just about the perfect case size. I never built one because of the oddball brass. Then along came the .224 Valkyrie. Just as oddball brass, but is easier to find, and from more than one source. I have one built, but haven't had much time to develop it.

Were it not for the Valkyrie I'd bee looking into the 22BR.

I just got a 22-243ai done. It's shoots 75g amaxs great while fireforming brass. I'm using a zermatt arms origin action, trigger tech trigger, mesa precision stock, muller works carbon barrel 26" 1-8 twist, lapua brass 210m primers/h4831sc just under 3600fps while fireforming. After all the brass is fire formed might try 85.5 g bergers also. Rl23, h4831sc are the two powders I have experienced with this cartridge that did best, my cousin has a 22-243ai built with the same reamer as mine he's shooting the 77g tmk with rl23 at 3650 I believe. Very accurate even while fireforming.