What 22cal would you build?

DUCKMAN11

What 224 caliber would yall put together and why? What would the "build sheet" look like?

This rifle will be used to fling +70gr bullets into hogs and coyotes out to about 800yds. Coyotes will not be used for fur.

I have 1 223rem tikka and I really like it but it's pretty bland. Im thinking about building/putting together something a little faster in velocity and with a faster twist barrel for the higher BC bullets. I'm also tired of feeding retumbo and RL26 and magnum primers into my magnums just to kill hogs.

My father has a 220 swift.
Hunting partner has a 22-250
I had a 223ai but sold everything for it. I'm just looking for something more than a 223 and that doesn't need 70gr of powder.

I'm basically starting from scratch and looking for ideas.

22 creed. Boringly accurate 42 grains of powder no fireforming great quality brass large accuracy nodes. I've shot 73 grain hammers 80 grain Berger 82 grain Berger 85.5 grain Berger's and the 80.5. The Berger's came together so quick and easy we ran with it to shoot steel to 1k. 3420fps. Perterson brass. As far as build sheet that's up to you as everyone has their favorites. The wife's 22 creed is a savage action xlr chassis.

22 creed. Boringly accurate 42 grains of powder no fireforming great quality brass large accuracy nodes. I've shot 73 grain hammers 80 grain Berger 82 grain Berger 85.5 grain Berger's and the 80.5. The Berger's came together so quick and easy we ran with it to shoot steel to 1k. 3420fps. Perterson brass. As far as build sheet that's up to you as everyone has their favorites. The wife's 22 creed is a savage action xlr chassis.
What twist and barrel length?

Recent Posts