Trigger Question

Yes, for a while(and perhaps they still do), the Cooper LR was supplied with a Timney. My ten year old Cooper came with their trigger set at 3#. While most of my other triggers mounted on my hunters are set lighter(1.5-2.5#), the trigger in my Cooper feels so nice, I never bothered to adjust it down. I don't think I'll ever need another Cooper but if I did, given they seem to have gone with a Remington 700 trigger hanger, I would replace the trigger with a Huber Concepts 2 Stage at 1.5# total weight with a 50:50 split. My hunting and competition rifles with Remington 700 trigger mounts all have this trigger....my favorite.

Yes, for a while(and perhaps they still do), the Cooper LR was supplied with a Timney. ........

None of the recent Coopers I have seen had Timney Triggers. I heard they had a falling out and discontinued using them several years ago. I do not know the exact time frame for the Timney applications.

....... they seem to have gone with a Remington 700 trigger hanger.........

That would be really interesting if it's true. I have not seen one like that yet. It would open a whole new set of doors for Cooper rifles.

I really don't have any big usage complaints with the Cooper triggers made by Cooper. When they are setup properly they are just fine. Setting them up is a pain though because one adjustment affects the other so you have to go back and forth to get them right. My advice to anyone with a factory Cooper trigger is LEAVE IT ALONE! The big plus with Cooper right after the high quality of their rifles is their customer support. Even if you screw up their trigger, you can send it to them and they will fix it.

You don't need to tell her EVERYTHING you know! :eek:

Just tell her you need it to keep track of your grand kids metabolism. Grandmothers have no sense of financial constraints when it comes to their grandbabies. ;)

You got that right brother! Spare no expense and money is no object when it comes to Nana and them grandkids!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.