Trigger Pull

Roy , you should try one Of Hollands kits , it comes with a pull weight spring and a heavier bolt release spring.
The R-700 triggers can generaly be adjusted down to the 3lb range pretty safely with the factory spring , some will be a bit more picky. You can get a realy nice 2lb trigger safely with the Holland spring and still have your sear engagment far enough to be safe.
I've seen guys adjust the factory unit as low as 1lb but you have to be easy when you close the bolt and in my oppinion thats just bad news. I can get the factory trigger down to a pund and a bit less safely with a little stoning on the engagements and the new spring.

But honestly , what I would charge to stone and tune a Rem trigger would cost more than a Rifle Basix.
I installed a Rifle Basix model LV-1 wich adjust from a half pound to one and a half pounds on my brother-in-laws gun and had to play with it a bit , fit and finish were great adjustability were good and it was drop safe from about 6"( diden't want to mess up his $50 scope!!!)
the dealer cost from Brownells was just under $100.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.