This is bugging me

rharfo

Do you law abiding citizens and gun owners get ****ed off when you see someone you know is a illegal drug user hunting with or using firearms? The Fed form 4473 asks if you are a user or addicted to illegal narcotics... so are they lying? I say yes and nothing is done about it. What about "celebrities" that brag about drug use and then we see them on a hunt program or in a magazine. For instance, comedian , MMA announcer Joe Rogan brags on his pod cast and during his stand up that he is a regular drug user of weed and ecstasy. If this is the case why is he "allowed' to posses weapons? I draw this conclusion from his own words and pictures. Yes, weed is legal in some states and I have no clue how that affects firearm use and ownership but its still illegal in my state. Cant imagine this doesn't **** off the people on the right side of the law.... jus sayin this has been bugging me for some time.

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }
Do you law abiding citizens and gun owners get ****ed off when you see someone you know is a illegal drug user hunting with or using firearms? The Fed form 4473 asks if you are a user or addicted to illegal narcotics... so are they lying? I say yes and nothing is done about it. .

ATF can't sit on the doorstep of every po smoker so see if they lied on the form 4473. They usually rely on criminal recods checks and compare that data with their 4473 files. But they can't check every form or every applicant.
"Nothing is veing done about it" because there aren't enough gun owners reporting what the know. You can help. Write a letter to the authority in your region charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provisions of the law.

https://www.atf.gov/contact/atf-field-divisions

You'll need to identify the violator by name or other distinguishing factor (like perhaps an address) and provide first hand information as to how you know they're a drug user.

When you're making the effort to do somelthing about it, you will know that something, whether or not it's effective, is being done about it.

And what about those "thousands" of people that supposedly were turned down from the info on their 4473 and background check by the FBI, and not one arrest? Is that not a crime?

Getting down off my soapbox now.

Larry
Tinkerer

It bothers me most when the celebrity is anti-gun.

All these thousands of gun laws, and prosecution rates incredibly low.

It bothers me most when the celebrity is anti-gun.

All these thousands of gun laws, and prosecution rates incredibly low.

Celebrities **** me off Bc they use their moment in the spotlight to spout garbage about their political beliefs. Just Bc you can memorize some lines and recite them like a well trained monkey doesn't qualify you an international relations expert, anti firearm propergater, or an advocate for some other law you fully do not grasp or fully understand. Drug users are another thing they shouldn't be allowed to do anything honestly, let alone use a firearm. But how do we enforce it? I guess that's the real question at hand. FEENEX was on the right track but it's up to us to protect our right and hobbies from those who would abuse it.

...back to the celebrity thing. Minus a select few they can all GFT. Especially Ben assleck.

These concerns always seem to weed themselves out.
When ever drugs and firearms are mixed, it never ends well.
Wether they eventually get busted for drugs while having a firearm or just getting busted, it usually ends with a felony.. Or if they are high and using the firearm, it usually ends in injury or death..

Joe Rogan is a huge supporter of hunters and tries to feed his family only meat that he has killed. It is my understanding that he bow hunts more than gun hunts if that means anything. I have also never heard him say he hunts while he is smoking weed. We have very few "celebrities" who advocate and promote hunting in America and you want to bag on the guy because he smokes weed? There are more people in this Country who support legal marijuana than those who oppose it. It's also been my experience that there are a hell of a lot more guys drinking while hunting than smoking pot.

Joe Rogan is a huge supporter of hunters and tries to feed his family only meat that he has killed. It is my understanding that he bow hunts more than gun hunts if that means anything. I have also never heard him say he hunts while he is smoking weed. We have very few "celebrities" who advocate and promote hunting in America and you want to bag on the guy because he smokes weed? There are more people in this Country who support legal marijuana than those who oppose it. It's also been my experience that there are a hell of a lot more guys drinking while hunting than smoking pot.

Being drunk is just as bad as being high around firearms. I agree though, call a spade a spade. There's no difference if you're drunk or high when handling firearms. Both will get you killed. No comment on joe Rogan. I like his comedy stand up.

While you are entitled to your opinion, the guys who oppose marijuana are entitled to theirs...

I get the feeling you are trying to shame someone who believes that drugs and alcohol mixed with firearms is not safe...

If someone is smoking pot and I suspect it while hunting with me or on my land. They will be asked to leave... If they don't like it, then I'll call a deputy and they can explain it to them... I don't care if it was Joe Rogan or Willie Nelson...

Last edited:
I think I might have an opinion about it if it ever affected me or anyone I know. So far, it has not. I know people who smoke weed. I know people who shoot firearms. Some of them are the same people, but they don't do both at the same time. I'm not pro legalizing marijuana. I'm fine with it being illegal. Actually I'm circling back to my first sentence... I don't have an opinion one way or the other.

About the most dangerous thing I do around firearms is climb up into a tree stand in the morning after only sleeping a few hours from playing cards with my uncles. Fairly safe besides that! :)

If I was trying to shame someone, you would know it. I was just stating my opinion, which you obviously disagree with. And that's fine. The point I was trying to make is that the hunting community in America needs to get with the times a little on some things, because every year there are fewer and fewer people who hunt. Hunting is viewed by many as an "old boys club" that is out of touch with modern America. I happen to agree with that sentiment. And the original post and some of the replies prove my point.

If I was trying to shame someone, you would know it. I was just stating my opinion, which you obviously disagree with. And that's fine. The point I was trying to make is that the hunting community in America needs to get with the times a little on some things, because every year there are fewer and fewer people who hunt. Hunting is viewed by many as an "old boys club" that is out of touch with modern America. I happen to agree with that sentiment. And the original post and some of the replies prove my point.

Well.... I have a pretty wild recent past.
I smoked a lot of dope, ate pills like they were candy and drank a 5th of whiskey almost every night. I did all of this together. I would smoke some dope, pop 8 or 10 pills and chase it with whiskey. So I got with the times, and realized nothing, absolutely nothing good ever came from smoking dope. It didn't advance my career it didn't make me money or friends. It was a total waste of my life. It took me about 20 years and several stays in the hospital, lost a lot of friends and people who I love won't speak to me to this day... So spare me your lecture of getting with the times....
Once one grows up and realizes they can get thru the day without a joint, pills or alcohol. That's getting with the times...
Nothing gets me going more than a pot head trying to tell me how pot is ok....
The pot heads better get with the times... I think people are tired of catering to the everyone gets a trophy culture!!!

I'm going on my second year without a single drink. I haven't smoked dope for several years, and it took a good woman to give me a buzz better than any pill can give... And by the way, it all started when I was about 15 years old. That's when I smoked my first joint...

Hey, you and those pot smoking with the times azzholes better get yo head out yo *** and take a hard look at Ted Nugent for some real inspiration.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.