Is it just me?

dmgreene

Is it just me or is anyone else speed problems on this site? Here lately it has gotten so very slow. I'm not having any speed problems anywhere else on the web. I'm no computer wizard, is there some setting I need to change?

Thanks, David

During the day today it had times where it was terribly slow. The banners and everything would load fine just the thread content was slow (15-25 seconds with my cable modem).

Me too. The site seems to lock up when looking for an ad and I have to close the site and re-open it for it to work. I have high speed internet and have no problems anywhere else.

Sorry you are having speed problems. I am on cable also and from the time I click on a thread in a list of threads, I am reading it in a new tab in 1 - 1.25 seconds.

I am using Firefox 3 Beta 3. Firefox 2.0.0.12 is not quite as fast but both are waaaay faster than IE. With IE I'd just sit and wait. I haven't really used IE for several years now.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.