Is it just me????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grit you are correct Goodgrouper is right. To the extent content is involved dogdinger is also correct.

The increased traffic has indeed lowered the depth of some of the conversations. However I feel that all in all the increased traffic has been good for long range hunting in general. The more people who read and learn about LRH the more accepted it will become.

It is true that the majority of posters used to be hard core long range hunters and now are a bit more casual members of the sport. I predict as the newer members gain interest and knowledge of the sport that you will see an increase in the depth of the posts back to its previous level. That is, so long as the real brains of the sport keep gracing us newbies with thier excepional advice. I do not think chastising anyone for thier lack of keyboard prowess is going to contribute to the flow of information.

The advanced theoretical discussions that used to make my head hurt are not as prevelant, but will eventually make a comeback. Hopefully I have learned enough over the last couple of years here to follow along this time around. The level of functional real word advice that someone starting out in this sport can actually use is just as strong as it has ever been.

No I didnt spell check or proof read my post...yes as usual I was doing three things while typing my post, and no I cant spell. I do not plan to start using a spell checker. If someone is confused by one of my posts I will gladly clarify anything upon request.

My mother used to teach gifted children. She says that the inability to spell is an indicator of advanced right brain activity in some cases. Probably not in my case, but thems the breaks. I do recall an instance where I took a test for one of my graduate courses. The test consisted of one discussion question. 400 hundred people took the exam and according to a handwritten note on the test I had the worst spelling and grammer of any person taking the exam. I was also the only person to come up with the correct answer and received the only A.

Tiping. Nope. Sorry. Nuthin'. No spell checker in my toolbox.

Dogdinger, your point is valid even if it offends everyone. Goodgrouper had a better point. The dwindling IQ is due to the dramatic increase in traffic. Good for Len. Not so good for the content of this site. Used to be a lot of fascinating conversation. Slipped a bit...

Dick has a good point too. Some real geniuses (spell check that) don't spell worth a hoot. Personally, I've noticed Kirby doesn't spell well. I read every word he takes the trouble to type, mispelled or not!

GG, on the other hand, spells superbly. Yet, he isn't worth reading!

Eaglet,
The post was mostly meant to be funny. In case you're wondering, I rather like GG. I maintain dogdingers point is valid. Some of the bad spelling and grammar is funny, some is colorful, some just naturally accompanies good ol boys who can run a rifle better'n a typewriter. That is all GOOD bad grammar. It all adds to the charm.

However when it accompanies dim wit, dangerous advice, or vulgarity it gets a little scary. There is plenty of the latter.

I'm sure my spelling and grammar are not up to snuff. I sure as heck won't be cuttin' an' pastin' to find out.

To answer your question, I'm not feelin' that well. Feelin' kind of sickly and overall rather puny. If I wasn't, I'd be up to something productive. I can hardly bear to post this response thinkin' of how it will reveal my complete ignorance of proper use of the english language. I'm sure I've got something better to do. But I probably won't. Do it.

That was supposed to be funny too.

Last edited:
Tihs is a vrey imorpnat sbjcet! Hwovere I can not fnid the sepll cehker aynwrer?

All my sftuf has red dots uendr the wrods!

It's been sohwn in mnay sutieds taht if the frist and lsat ltetrs are in the rghit sopts the biarn tkaes crae of the samll suftf.

But is deos solw dwon the raed a bit.:D

PS: Mark Twain said something like; Its a pretty simple mind that can't spell the same word a couple of different ways. (That wasn't even close but ya catch the drift.)

Someone else said; "Don't sweat the small stuff. Its all small stuff."

Also: 20 - 80 mg/day of Celexa would level the field a bit. Sometimes an itch just doesn't have to be scratched.........

Last edited:
Tihs is a vrey imorpnat sbjcet! Hwovere I can not fnid the sepll cehker aynwrer?

All my sftuf has red dots uendr the wrods!

It's been sohwn in mnay sutieds taht if the frist and lsat ltetrs are in the rghit sopts the biarn tkaes crae of the samll suftf.

But is deos solw dwon the raed a bit.:D

PS: Mark Twain said something like; Its a pretty simple mind that can't spell the same word a couple of different ways. (That wasn't even close but ya catch the drift.)

Someone else said; "Don't sweat the small stuff. Its all small stuff."

Also: 20 - 80 mg/day of Celexa would level the field a bit. Sometimes an itch just doesn't have to be scratched.........

PROFESSOR---just because you have tenure here that is no reason to lower yourself to this lowly state! You are a Professor so act like one!!!! There are people here who look up to you and hang on your every word—please be cognizant of that. I implore any and all moderators to strike all of the Professors posts in this topic as it will cause irritable harm to all involved.

Shame Shame Shame

Grit,
good humor is always good for one's health!
I did suspect you were playing it like that but thanks
for clarifying. I agree, we all probably have better things to
do but probably not us fun as this! :D

Up at the top of your browser click on view, scroll down to Toolbars and it will show the available toolbars for your web browser.

I've made over 2000 posts and have never used a spellcheck on one of them! How do you transfer it to this site or is there one here already?

I think the overall IQ of the site has dropped, but not because of spelling. The substance and topic material has slipped a little because some of the good old contributors from way back have not been around here in ages for whatever reasons. It used to be that regular threads on here were chuck full of great info that rivaled actual articles on 6mmbr.com and others but now, many of those thread starters are gone. It's sad but part of life.

I think Eddie has the reason.

The hell with the poor spelling and 1st grade grammar, I'm sick of the Circuit City ad covering up half of every subject, everytime. A once great site turned into a thriving internet ad business.
AMF!

I used to love this site. Now I just check in every now and then to see if anything has changed. It takes to long to navigate on this site. I get tired of sitting here waiting on all the ads to pop up. I'm all for someone making money but all the ads have gotten ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I know that it takes time, money and effort to make things like this site happen and someone should be rewarded for their efforts. But I think that a lot of this has driven away a lot of the knowledgeable people that were once on this site. It seems to me like LongRangeHunting.com has turned into a big marketing gimmick. I don't have a problem seeing Straight Shot Gunsmithing, Defensive Edge, APS, Berger, Nightforce and similar ads showing up because they do contribute their information and knowledge to the site and they helped make this site what it once was.

Well I'm going to get off my soap box now that I have vented. I feel so much better now. :)

P.S. I would like wish everyone a Happy New Year.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.