Is it just me?

dakor

Well is it just me or is American brass just crap theses days? I just bought some 220 Swift Winchester brass and the necks were so thick they would not size in my full length die. I had to neck turn them from 25 thousands to 15 thousands. I called Winchester all they would do is let me send them back at my expense and they would send me new ones. I told the lady I just spent 3 hours turning 100 necks and you won't send me even 50 new ones to make up for it? She said all they will do is take them back and send me new ones and it could take up to 4 weeks to get them back. I also had it with Winchester 284 brass for my 6mm-284. I just bought 100 of them. I necked them all down fired them one time and now some of the mouths on the case will not size down to a 6mm and it is not the die. So I ordered some Lapua 6.5-284 brass from Sinclair hopefully I will not be disappointed. I also emailed Lapua to see if they make custom orders. I wanted some 220 Swift brass and 7mm STW brass and they said sure we will make it but you have to order 100,000 cases of each. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Has anyone else been having trouble with Win Brass? Well I am done with my rant now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think I am having a problem with some .308 brass.

I will make a post about it over in the reloading section since it might just be me and my sizing technique.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.