Just how spendy is it?

Boyd, Congrats are in order. It's also nice to see pictures of you guys in action. I can put a face to your posts.
I grew up in the '50s and '60s....somehow you don't look that old, but they talked about you then....
grin.gif

db

Here is a pic for you....This is what I have to put up with at the range....Me on the Left,and some 'MASKED MAN" (I won't give you his name).But I am sure he will chime in.Scared me so bad.I could'nt shoot.The mask did'nt scare me...It was when he took it off
grin.gif
f98e1725.jpg

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Na It's not an Auto, Notice in this pic you can see the bolt and a left port.
AS for the BOOGY man I've got a Box of clean EX tissues for that!
grin.gif
Yep ya can get a BUNCH tied up in this game.
smile.gif
Hear I am prayin I don't get any BOOGy's on me.
086640.JPG

But like the comercial , One of the Big Placks at the end of the year "priceless"
P.S. It's still all Boyd's Fault!!!

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]
rolleyes.gif

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>But like the comercial , One of the Big Placks at the end of the year "priceless <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You are right Jody...Only bad part for me is...If I get any more I will have to build a bigger wall
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Workin, Sleepin,workin, sleepin, Computer crashed, workin, sleepin, fromatted hard drive, reloaded computer softwate, workin sleepin, Back on line.
The 6.5X284 is done, However, I still have to give the builder his due SO it still sits in the shop. I'm paying weekly on it and with the high energy bills it's paid very weakly!
grin.gif
No worries though, Income tax refund will get it out of the shop though. Ya know Boyd, the wife is starting groumble about it.
rolleyes.gif
still it's all your fault.
grin.gif

I talked to Rodger. He said your Boogy slinger was just snot ready yet due to awaiting some wooden parts for the boogy's to form around.
smile.gif

Took the 22 to the range yeaterday. Ya know the one with the 80 LB trigger pull. It shot well. I'm starten small and workn my way up.

LOL, You guys are alright
cool.gif
The truck thing I am already working on and most of the other stuff I already have.

Looks like the main thing I need is a good gun with lots of practice.

how are the classes done in the shoots?

What do you guys feel is the ultimate load for this kind of stuff? My thoughts as of right now are a 32" bbl in a lazz Warbird.

This site should answer some of your questions. It's how US Pa. people do it any way. www.pa1000yard.com/home.html
AS for the War Bird Question,
D.C.: Looks like he's talking your lauguage now!
Sako7STW :pLease post a pic of what you finaly do end up with. And Good luck.
smile.gif

[ 02-22-2004: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

[ 02-22-2004: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

Sako7stw

You have basically a couple options.

1. 6.5-284 in 8.5 twist shooting the 135-147 bullets. Is a proven winner. Can be built on trued Rem 700 action with a 28-30" barrel by Krieger, Hart, Spencer, Lilja etc. Custom action will be $800-1300 but Rem is cheaper but will require work

Rem 700 action $300-350
barrel $275-300
true action, lugs etc $150-200
heavy recoil lug $0
2 0z tigger $100-160
tapered bases $75-100
or burris signature rings (Tapered) $60
chamber barrel $135-160
Tooley MBR/Master Class stock $300
Pillar bed $125-150
Comp dies (forester or redding) $150-200
Used rest $200-250
rear bag $40-90
scope BL 6-24x $350 Nightforce $1200

2. 300 Ackly Improved or 300 WSM
300 AI shoots 210-216 very well. The 300 WSM shoots 190-210 but does not seem to have the throat erosion of the 300 AI. Both can be built on Rem 700s but add $150-200 for muzzle brake.

Either option will cost $2000plus for new gun

Finally best option is find good used 1000 yard light gun for sale. Will cost about $800-1400 for good gun. Look here, on BRCentral and go to advertisors, complete guns for sale and click on Shooters Corner, run by Bob White. He sells all kinds of used BR rifles. Is 100% accurate on his descriptions and is widely known as the best oat least top 2 to buy a used gun from sight uunseen. He also sells used BR scopes, tools and rests.

Good luck

BH

Boyd

I think I'll just leave the mask off then since it scares you so bad and causes you to shoot bad.

If you remember, I did take it off just "before" I shot against you at the 10th match last season.
I think you remember what the "outcome" was ?
grin.gif

Look out for Jody. He's itching to beat your buns this season. He said "your" easy pickins and he "will" be the lawn mower.
smile.gif

Be ready.

The masked one
DC
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.