Tell us about your choice of outfitter, state, game species for your 2011 hunt

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
According our Poll, a large percentage of us will be going on outfitted hunts this year.

I will be hunting for mule deer in Region H of SW Wyoming with Mule Creek Outfitting. I have not been there before but photos I've seen show it to be a perfect long range hunting style opportunity. John has a couple spots still left. Read about the hunt offer here.

So -- tell us about your 2011 outfitted hunt plans.

IM planing on going İBEX hunting again:) like allways. but l wont be going with any outfiters as l know how to hunt them beter than thay dogun). me and 2 m8 will be going up to a town called AKSEKİ where my hunting lodge is and try and break the record.

I will be going to Colorado to hunt with Kiowa Creek Outfitters for big whitetail and Mule deer. This hunt is the first rifle hunt Oct 22 -26. Then back home (MI) for our opening day rifle for 3 days Nov.15-17. Then off to Montana for a DIYS 9 day hunt for Mulies and Whitetail. Then back home for a few days and off to Iowa I hope I draw a tag to hunt with Broken Browoutfitters for the opening of their gun season for a 5 day Whitetail deer hunt begining of Dec. The its massive depression and internet surfing for next yrs hunts. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Len, that country up there is about as pretty a long range high country hunting as I know of. I will be about 20 miles from you as the eagle flies. I look forward to getting into that country every year. It is beautiful!

According our Poll, a large percentage of us will be going on outfitted hunts this year.

I will be hunting for mule deer in Region H of SW Wyoming with Mule Creek Outfitting. I have not been there before but photos I've seen show it to be a perfect long range hunting style opportunity. John has a couple spots still left. Read about the hunt offer here.

So -- tell us about your 2011 outfitted hunt plans.
Myself, Texas, White Tail, Mule Deer, Possibly a big cat, Hogs as they present, and all the varmints and predators I can kill.

I'm in the process of building a new AR in .260 (thank you Carl at Rifle Accuracy Systems in Colorado) that I will give a try on all of the above.

This will be the second piece of work Carl has done for me and I can't wait to see the results.

Thi swill be only the second new caliber and rifle I've broke in since about 94 so it's going to be a lot of fun.

I am hoping to self guide , on a sheep or mtn goat, in MT if I draw. I get to apply for moose again this year after my 7 yr. wait. Put in for above for 30 yrs. Try special elk and speed goat also.

Due to an unexpected surgery I'm not going to make it out west this fall, but I do plan to harrass a few nice WI bucks with the bow. And I'm planning to take my nephew gun hunting this fall, he's so excited its crazy... hopefully we can find him one :)

Len if your looking for a big big muley check out Dan at Kiowa Creek outfitter. They hunt the plains on the eastern side of Colorado and you can shoot a long long ways there also if you choose. Do you hunt Montana much? I'm lucky to know a few ranchers and they sponsor me for the land owner draw. Have to stay on teir land but most of the time I get a tag. Good luck.

I will be going on a mid September elk hunt to the Thorofare area in Wyoming just outside the SE corner of Yellowstone NP in the Bridger/Teton Wilderness area. I will be going with Hidden Creek Ourfitters-Bill Perry. My first hunt with him.

Also a DIY hunt to southern Wyoming in October with my 93 year old father for deer and antelope (providing we get tags). Then a DIY November Sheep hunt here in Colorado (again if I get a tag). Then off to Texas to hunt with a friend for hogs.

Hope I get all the tags I have submitted. the sheep tag is a longshot...a desert sheep tag here in SW Colorado, 2 tags for about 2500 apps. There are also over the counter bull elk tags available for several areas within 50 miles of my place where there are lots of elk.

Last edited:
Well I'm going to KY turkey hunting and then to KS at coyote hill outfitters for another turkey hunt and IN and MI. Then this Sept I'm headed to ID for a trespass bow elk hunt. On way home stopping in CO for a longrange cow deperdation hunt. I will be deer hunting in WI MI IN. Might be making a trip to TX to shoot some hogs. That's all that's planned so far.

Antelope in Wyoming then deer and elk in western colorado in October.
Birds in Montana. Birds and hogs in Texas. Fish in central West Africa.
All self guided.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.