Your states minimum caliber for big game?

Indiana is quite the joke... try to follow along, this is for deer...

Rifles for PUBLIC LAND: , must fire a bullet .357" or larger with a case measuring between 1.16" min. To max of 1.8"

Rifles for PRIVATE LAND: must fire bullet .243" or larger, minimum Case length 1.16" max of 3" and you CAN NOT have more than 10 rounds in your possession.

Handguns: (for public land OR private) must fire a bullet at least .243" or larger with a minimum case length of 1.16 with NO MAX length. (There is NO mention of ammunition allowed to be in possession with handgun)

"The handgun must not be a rifle that has a barrel less than 18 inches. A rifle with a barrel less than 18 inches is not considered a handgun."——

^^ this is direct from our regulation book. How does one even define this?

So to me, I built a 6.5 grendel with a 15 3/4" barrel and a .300 BO (10") for my public land deer guns, I usually draw a special "reduction" hunt. That's the only time I hunt "public land" per our rules I can literally use my .308 striker pistol or even build any handgun I want chamber it for something ridiculous, let's say .375CT with a 18" barrel and go hunt public land. But, I CAN NOT hunt with a 16" grendel or .300 BO. Common sense is all to uncommon.
I think your handgun and rifle public land are reversed

Ga has a minimum 22cal centerfire rifle for big game . 22cal centerfire pistol for big game. 45cal muzzleloader for big game and turkey .
The pistol law changed a few years ago, from handgun with 6" or longer barrel capable of producing 500ft lbs at 100yds, to any 22 cal or larger centerfire. With means a person could legally go in the woods with a 25acp pocket pistol and shoot AT deer if they wanted to. I thought the old pistol law was unnessasarily complicated and nearly impossible to enforce, but the new one is just lazy .

In the Netherlands only long guns are allowed for hunting, no handguns.
Roedeer, our smallest big game animal: rifled barrel with a V100 of at least 980Joule (a .222 would make the cut)
Fallow deer, red deer and wild pigs make up the rest the big game animals in the Netherlands, they require a rifled barrel, a caliber of at least 6,5mm and a v100 of 2200Joule
Mouflons (Ovis Orientalis) were introduced in the 18th century. They are now practically extinct in the wild as wolves recently migrated to the Netherlands. As far as I know they are not hunted anymore, some still live in a fenced off national park (hogeveluwe.nl)

Rifles can be bolt-action or semi-auto but semi-auto has a two round magazine capacity limit.

Lead-free ammo is your choice, encouraged or mandatory depending on where you hunt.

Silencers are only allowed for professional gamewardens, non-professional hunters don't get silencer permits (This might change in the future but discussion is going on for more than ten years now)
Hopefully you are able to get suppressors legalized. I think that this is one of the most invasive laws in the US.

I think your handgun and rifle public land are reversed
Rifles chambered for cartridges that fire a bullet of .357-inch diameter or larger, have a minimum case length of 1.16 inches, and have a maximum case length of 1.8 inches are legal to use only during the deer firearms, youth, reduction zones from Nov. 14-Jan. 31 (in zones where local ordinances allow the use of a firearm), and special antlerless seasons. These rifle cartridges can be used on public and private land.

Handguns, other than muzzleloading handguns, must have a barrel at least 4 inches long and must fire a bullet of .243-inch diameter or larger. The handgun cartridge case, without the bullet, must be at least 1.16 inches long. There is no maximum cartridge length for those used in handguns. Full metal-jacketed bullets are not permitted. The handgun must not be a rifle that has a barrel less than 18 inches. A rifle with a barrel less than 18 inches is not considered a handgun.

Copy and pasted direct from Indiana DNR

PA. centerfire .rifles .hand guns. and shotguns with al lead bullet or a bullet designed to expand on impact, NO BUCK SHOT!!!! CHECK THE COUNTY YOU WILL BE IN SOME COUNTIES DO NOT ALL RIFLES AND HAVE SPECIAL REGULATIONS . EXAMPLE PHILADELPHIA AND ALLEGHENY

One small correction about North Carolina's Big Game hunt restrictions: North Carolina- Centerfire, .223 or larger, 40 cal. min ML. Hard to find in Restriction Book.

I'm curious what the differences are between the states for the minimum caliber for rifle hunting big game and what would be the smallest caliber you could use to hunt big game in all states that allow centerfire rifle hunting. Could you gents tell me the ones you know for sure that are currently legal minimums?

The ones I know are:
WV: 22 Cal centerfire
VA: 6mm/24 Cal centerfire
Mississippi
Primitive Weapons season
single or double-barreled muzzleloading rifles of at least .38 caliber; OR single shot, breech loading, metallic cartridge rifles (.35 caliber or larger) and replicas, reproductions, or reproductions of those type rifles with an exposed hammer; OR single or double-barreled muzzleloading shotguns

Gun season
There are no caliber or magazine capacity restrictions on firearms.

In my state (Victoria) in Australia, we have 3 distinct minimums for deer.
Hog deer, minimum is 6mm. Fallow deer, minimum is 6mm also and Red deer/Sambar deer is minimum 27 cal.
We have other deer like Rusa which have bred with Sambar and they have a 27 cal minimum as well.
We also cannot hunt deer unless we possess a Game License in my state, even interstate hunters have to have one.
We don't have seasons on Fallow, Reds or Rusa/Sambar deer, they can be hunted all year, but we do on Hog deer, it is the whole of April from half an hour before sunrise to half an hour after sunset for each day of the month. We get 2 tags, a hind and a stag.
I have been on public land dozens of times and only seen a handful of deer, they are very small and elusive. On private land I have filled both tags each time I have gone.
These small deer are the hardest deer I have ever hunted. A blind works, but a tree stand is where it all comes together.

Cheers.

I'm curious what the differences are between the states for the minimum caliber for rifle hunting big game and what would be the smallest caliber you could use to hunt big game in all states that allow centerfire rifle hunting. Could you gents tell me the ones you know for sure that are currently legal minimums?

The ones I know are:
Southern Michigan, rifles chambered in straight walled cartridges .35 cal or larger. There is a minimum & maximum length. It translates to anything between 38 Special & .460 S&W. For pistols, .35 cal and up. Whatever you can handle.

.270 is the largest minimum caliber I've seen listed yet. I heard PA man had his Elk taken because he had used a 6.5(Creedmoor I believe). Was reported after a social media post.
That is bat crap crazy and wrong. Why all cops instantly check and search all social media. Many daily looking for DA's. The 6.5 sucksmoor club kept that under wraps!!

The ones I know are:
In Texas all Centerfire rounds are legal.

Texas parks and wildlife simply states no rimfire can be used to hunt mule deer whitetail deer pronghorn or bighorn I can find no other restrictions not saying its not there I just could not find it