Choose one Western big game caliber

Which caliber would you choose?

• Total voters
I love these conversations. It is so tough to stay out. I live in Western Wyoming. I think the 300 Win Mag is a tough cartridge to shoot well. I have shot it quite a bit. I won't shoot one again. The 7mm's are much easier to shoot well and it doesn't take as much weight in the bullet to have the same effect. A lung shot is a lung shot. It takes substantially more bullet in a 30 to have the same BC/penetration as the 7. I personally think the 6.5 are much easier to shoot well. I hunt every weekend from March to February. I have an opportunity to shoot any distance I can see. Rockchucks, Coyote's, Elk, Prarie Dogs. Richardson's ground squirrels. Deer etc. It's not the caliber it's the placement. I have had the opportunity to hunt with a lot of different marksmen carrying different calibers. I love hunting with the .270 crowd. They flat kill stuff. Single shot to the engine block. No flinching just plain marksmanship. I have a 7STW I don't shoot it. Extremely accurate but not necessary. My wife has a Model 7 in a 260. Holy buckets is it accurate. I lent a 6.5 Creedmoor to a friend that came to Wyoming to hunt antelope. He bought factory Hornady 140 Grain. I have never even shot the rifle they shot 2 antelope 1 at 650 and one at 1000. It is on utube. So go smaller than what you think. You won't be disappointed. I shoot a 6.5x47 Lapua for Elk. It has never let me down. I have shot a scad of Rockchucks at distances that have amazed me. If you want BC and Down Range Energy go 6.5 or 7. 30's are tough to shoot well.
Could not have said it better.