Muzzle break of your choice ?

Dirtdevil

Here's the deal. I have a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 prc .I'm not really a fan of the factory brake. I'm either going to swap out the brake or put a thread protector on it recoil is not a issue. Been shooting 7mags for years. What's your choice for a replacement Thanks for any info Always helpful

Here's the deal. I have a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 prc .I'm not really a fan of the factory brake. I'm either going to swap out the brake or put a thread protector on it recoil is not an issue. Been shooting 7mags for years. What's your choice for a replacement Thanks for any info Always helpful
What do you not like about it? Blast? Lack of recoil reducation? Poor grouping? Weight? Ugly?

I added an EC Tuner Brake to my 7mm Rem Mag and the difference between the old brake and new brake was night and day. The scope is still on or near target and the rifle comes straight back with reduced recoil. I'm going to the range today to fine tune the tuner. I have already gone through powder and seating depth ladders. The tuner still brought the groups in with adjustment settings of 5 each time. now I'll see what changing the settings by 2 does for me.

The brakes with side ports reduce the most recoil and also do the most hearing damage.

Our family uses the Gentry which is a radial brake and has the ports slanted forward to throw the sound forward, less concussion with about 50% recoil reduction.

Here's the deal. I have a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 prc .I'm not really a fan of the factory brake. I'm either going to swap out the brake or put a thread protector on it recoil is not a issue. Been shooting 7mags for years. What's your choice for a replacement Thanks for any info Always helpful
For me, anything but radial (Vais and Quiet Genrty) is the least effective I have ever used. I tried them but could not get rid of them fast enough. Unfortunately, I still own one with Vais because it came with it. I have some extra muzzle brakes, but it has the wrong thread. I am keeping it as-is for range target until it is time for a re-barrel.
what are we talking about here? Article says break, but text talks about brake. I think we must get off track as most of us dont want rifle to break, and many of us would like to have a rifle brake.
OP is referring to a muzzle brake. As you can see from the similar threads below, muzzle break vs. muzzle brake is often misused, knowingly or not. But most of us respond accordingly to the context.

Many in my family refuse to use hearing protection, thus the Gentry that throws much of the concussion away from our head is important. We run them on everything from 7 stw, 7 Mags, 30 cals of all types, down to 243 Win for the kids. All of our numerous model 7's became tack drivers with the Gentry.

For those that are NOT going to wear hearing protection, please refrain from using any brake with side ports only. For those who are willing to wear hearing protection when hunting when using a brake, there are numerous options. We never lay on the ground and shoot with our style of hunting here in the South.