Muzzle break

20190418_200350.jpg
Another vote for Muzzle Brakes & More.
Excellant brakes at excellant price.
This is Nathan's 3 port self timing break (makes it easy to change to a supressor) on a Proof 260rem barrel

Last edited:
Shot a Weatherby Accumark in 7mm STW for years. Side ports are popular, but won't stop muzzle flip. I wouldn't use a muzzle break. Use a bullet designed for a magnum - no less than 160 gr. Make your first shot count with this fine, accurate caliber!!!

I have a browning a bolt 7mm stw that I got in a trade. Recoil isn't as bad as expected but muzzle jump is pretty good. Thinking about a break just don't know what to get. Any help would be appreciated.
I have made a couple of Howitzer brakes over time -2 port - and they work a treat. Why not try lifting the butt plate to the level of the bore which should go a long way to stopping the muzzle jump. :)

"Why not try lifting the butt plate to the level of the bore..."
Exactly what AR stocks do - AND Ruger Precision Rifles. Just one more reason why I love the RPR.

Eric B.

I really like the piercision muscle brakes. With the first port being at 90 degrees it makes them way less offensive on the shooter than other side port brakes I've been around like the apa and terminator brakes. Recoil reduction seems similar to me on all of them.

I have a browning a bolt 7mm stw that I got in a trade. Recoil isn't as bad as expected but muzzle jump is pretty good. Thinking about a break just don't know what to get. Any help would be appreciated.
I love the 7mmstw great caliber that I've taken moose and elk with using 175 gr. Bullets ! I don't like muzzle brakes because I hurt my hearing in the military ! The only brake I've ever used is one that blows the sound away from you and not back

Bob Hart built a 7 MM STW on my Remington Model 700 with Hart barrel and Hart muzzle brake. It shoots very well and comfortably. 4 shots in one hole at 100 yards with 140 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets. Noise is acceptable. I am pleased. Now I want to have Hart add his muzzle brake to my Weatherby Mark V, 300 Wby mag. Recoil is strong but not punishing with 180 grain bullets. Again two shots cutting same hole with Remington factory ammo. I plan to handload 180 grain Nosler Accubond bullets. Twist is 1 : 12 inches. Rifle was built by J. P. Sauer in 1976. Your advice?

I have been shooting a three port muscle brake on one of my 338 rums for the last two years and a radial brake on the other. Last week I purchased and timed a terminator T-3 for my Bartlein barreled rum and then several days ago I ordered a 5 port Lil Beast from Nathan at muzzle brakes and more. I will shoot them both this week and see if there is a noticeable difference. Mostly I am trying to stop the muzzle jump that has caused me to have high hits on a few instances.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.