benefits of a muzzle break

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by countrysniper, Jan 24, 2013.

1. countrysniper

countrysniper Member

Can anyone tell me what the benefits of a muzzle brea.k are. I have heard so many theories and stories I just don't know what to believe.

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Greetings from the Great Falls side of the Big Sky Country ... welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Each muzzle brake design (radial vs baffle) varies in performance/effectiveness and sometimes in use of which caliber.

A well-designed muzzle brake will reduce felt recoil, muzzle jump, allows shooter to see impact on target and ease of target re-acquisition ... are just a few benefits. The end result is more range time because it's more pleasant to shoot and thus make the end-user a better shooter.

The downfall -- muzzle blast and increase noise level.

Good luck!

Ed

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013

3. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Nothing makes a magnum rifle more fun to shoot. You cut the recoil and muzzle flip dramatically, and you can see your impacts even at close range.

This thread : http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/muzzle-brake-300-win-mag-81294/ Covers it all in excruciating detail so you can save yourself some time by going to the last few pages.

4. countrysniper

countrysniper Member

Thanks both of u for the input, feenix I'm in centeral Montana as well private message me if u want to exchange contacts. And thanks again