benefits of a muzzle break

countrysniper

Can anyone tell me what the benefits of a muzzle brea.k are. I have heard so many theories and stories I just don't know what to believe.

Greetings from the Great Falls side of the Big Sky Country ... welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Each muzzle brake design (radial vs baffle) varies in performance/effectiveness and sometimes in use of which caliber.

A well-designed muzzle brake will reduce felt recoil, muzzle jump, allows shooter to see impact on target and ease of target re-acquisition ... are just a few benefits. The end result is more range time because it's more pleasant to shoot and thus make the end-user a better shooter.

The downfall -- muzzle blast and increase noise level.

Good luck!

Ed

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what the benefits of a muzzle brea.k are. I have heard so many theories and stories I just don't know what to believe.
Nothing makes a magnum rifle more fun to shoot. You cut the recoil and muzzle flip dramatically, and you can see your impacts even at close range.

This thread : http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/muzzle-brake-300-win-mag-81294/ Covers it all in excruciating detail so you can save yourself some time by going to the last few pages.

Thanks both of u for the input, feenix I'm in centeral Montana as well private message me if u want to exchange contacts. And thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.