Muzzle break of your choice ?

With or without muzzle brakes, I always wear hearing protection. I have been using muzzle brakes since 2003. I also have suppressors.

I spent my first 10 years in the USAF in the flightline sortie generation of F4s and A-10s (@Petey308 , BRRRT 🤣), where I learned to protect my hearing. Back then, we were told to wear foamies + a headset because the noise level was very high (140dBs), especially during surges. Most of my friends had permanent hearing loss/damage because they did not take the necessary safety precautions. High dB, especially in prolonged exposure, is a recipe for hearing loss/damage. Many people think gunshot is the only time we need hearing protection, but that is not the case, at least not for me.

noise-levels.png

1995 was the last time I worked on a flightline, but I kept those excellent habits today. I also wear personal protective equipment (gloves, eyeglasses, proper shoes, ear plugs) when operating household equipment/tools generating high noise levels, i.e., mower, snow blower, chain saw, leaf blower, etc.

I like the TIPro muzzle brakes. They make stainless or titanium both in self timing. They are 4 port and reduce recoil very effectively.

I've got a new SRS TiPro 3 port self-timing brake made with titanium, which has a garnet blasted finish. The brake works well and is very light. However, it does shoot loose often. I think the lock ring needs flats for a wrench. Carefully using a wrench on the brake does leave marks on the finish.

Got a flinch while developing 180 grain loads for my Tikka T-3 Lite in 300 WSM. Had a Vais brake put on and it shoots about like a standard 243 now. Only 15% louder than no brake according to Vais. I am not worried about countersnipers so kicking up dust is not a big deal, if I ever shoot it prone. Well under an inch at 100 yards too.

Area 419 Hellfire Match is what's going on my 7mm's, 6mm's, and 223/5/56 bolt guns… mostly to minimize muzzle rise and as a placeholder until suppressors come.

With or without muzzle brakes, I always wear hearing protection. I have been using muzzle brakes since 2003. I also have suppressors.

I spent my first 10 years in the USAF in the flightline sortie generation of F4s and A-10s (@Petey308 , BRRRT 🤣), where I learned to protect my hearing. Back then, we were told to wear foamies + a headset because the noise level was very high (140dBs), especially during surges. Most of my friends had permanent hearing loss/damage because they did not take the necessary safety precautions. High dB, especially in prolonged exposure, is a recipe for hearing loss/damage. Many people think gunshot is the only time we need hearing protection, but that is not the case, at least not for me.

View attachment 500094

1995 was the last time I worked on a flightline, but I kept those excellent habits today. I also wear personal protective equipment (gloves, eyeglasses, proper shoes, ear plugs) when operating household equipment/tools generating high noise levels, i.e., mower, snow blower, chain saw, leaf blower, etc.
Well said! I do very much like the F-4.

Pucker Factor Precision Rifles in WY makes amazing titanium brakes. Just had them build a setup for me and the recoil on my 7mm Rem Mag is like shooting my 223. Will be having them do more brakes for me in the future.

I have an SRS 5 port stainless but replaced it with a Pierce 5 port self timing muscle brake. The SRS was decent at recoil reduction, but the direct blast at the shooter was bad. Enough so that if you have your ammo box or any gear laying in front of you, it's not in front of you anymore.